back to article US judge Koh won't ban old Samsung gear, tells Apple: Your patents aren't that amazing

A US judge has struck down Apple's request for an injunction banning the import of Samsung gadgets that had infringed its patents. California District Court Judge Lucy Koh ruled on Thursday that the iPhone giant had not shown it would suffer from the import and sales of nearly two dozen of Sammy's older Galaxy mobile products …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John G Imrie
    FAIL

The problem with "thermonuclear war

is that you will lose.

1. Graham Dawson Silver badge
      Mushroom

Re: The problem with "thermonuclear war

A curious game...

1. CmdrX3

The only winning move is.... not to play

1. Euripides Pants

"The only winning move is.... not to play"

Just like Gay Chicken

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/never-give-up-never-surrender

2. Oh Homer
    Facepalm

"Your patents aren't that amazing"

They're not even remotely novel. The fact that such insignificant and derivative things even qualified for patents in the first place, is by far the most amazing thing about them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Your patents aren't that amazing"

But to the US Patent Office, concepts such as round corners are obviously so innovative that whoever invented them should be allowed to exploit the idea until the end of the world.

1. annodomini2

Re: "Your patents aren't that amazing"

The USPTO allowed someone to patent a stick.

I'm still awaiting the Apple patent for the wheel.

2. Someone Else Silver badge
        Coat

@alannorthhants Re: "Your patents aren't that amazing"

But to the US Patent Office, concepts such as round corners are obviously so innovative that whoever inventedthe rich very well politically connected American (well...mostly American, anyway) corporation that claims to have "invented" them should be allowed to exploit the idea until the end of the world.

There...fixed that for ya.

3. Fluffy Bunny
    Thumb Down

Simple solution

The solution is simple:

DONT

BUY

APPLE

EVER

4. hammarbtyp

Well I'm glad that's sorted

So although the patents aren't worth banning infringing products they are worth 1 beeelion dollars?

Do you think Apple will appeal? The anticipation is killing me <snigger>

5. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    Happy

Patent

wars are way different to thermonuclear war.

In thermonuclear war , everyone loses, in a patent war, everyone loses except the lawyers

1. PatientOne

Re: Patent

"In thermonuclear war , everyone loses, in a patent war, everyone loses except the lawyers"

In thermonuclear war, the Arms dealers win.

After all, who do you think will supply the pointy sticks and clubs for the next war?

2. Diamandi Lucas

Re: Patent

"Patent wars are way different to thermonuclear war."

"In thermonuclear war , everyone loses, in a patent war, everyone loses except the lawyers"

I disagree, and given your handle you should know that patent wars are like thermonuclear war, only the cockroaches thrive.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple are simply marketing a perception so win or lose they sell High.

there are still enough to think the iPhone uses high quality software and so happily pay those very high selling prices.

I bet these court cases save millions in advertising fees.

7. Bladeforce

But, but...

Apple must be apoplectic by now trying to pass off their copying tag to other companies and failing. Apple, like Microsoft, have invented shit guys get used to it. They have both copied more than Samsung over the years

8. james 68

dammit

shame we cant post images here - oh well have a link instead, it sums up the whole apple/samsung bruhaha in my eyes.

http://www.loloudly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/The-most-amazing-iPhone-yet..jpg

9. Tim Elphick

Well,

Don't tell Apple, but a Galaxy S2 is the exact reason I haven't bought a new phone. Seems Samsung didn't build in the traditional limited lifespan, still does the job.

10. Firvulag

I still love the old fokelore story:

"You're ripping us off!", Steve shouted, raising his voice even higher. "I trusted you, and now you're stealing from us!"

But Bill Gates just stood there coolly, looking Steve directly in the eye, before starting to speak in his squeaky voice.

"Well, Steve, I think there's more than one way of looking at it. I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it."

1. Tom 13

Re: broke into his house to steal the TV set

As I read that I suddenly realized we're bring up a whole generation of kids who aren't going to picture that correctly when they read it. Man do I feel old.

2. Quantum Leaper

Xerox stole it from Doug, Apple stole it from Xerox, MS stole it from Apple. The real problem is they ARE all thieves except Doug.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like