back to article Confirmed: New Microsoft strategy boss advised President Clinton, ex-UK PM Blair

Microsoft has confirmed the latest rumors of an executive shuffle at Microsoft, in the form of an internal email from brand new CEO Satya Nadella that was made public on Monday. Whispers that certain execs were on their way out while others would be taking more prominent roles first leaked to the media over the weekend. On …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vociferous

If this was that drinking game...

...where you take a shot every time you hear a marketing buzzword, I'd be naked by now.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quite clearly he is unsure about his position

Well, he is exterminating all possible opposition as a starting point.

Not that I can blame him - some of the people who will be made to jump would like to have his head on a platter at the firs possible opportunity. So terminating them is an insurance policy for his survival if the Microsoft Drednaught encounters some rough seas in the near future (and it will).

3. Chris G

Ex Clinton and Blair advisor

So..... anytime MS finds their parts in a place they shouldn't be they will declare war on a country or invade one based on bigging up the flimsiest of evidence.

Sounds like a plan.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Ex Clinton and Blair advisor

Well Oracle actually might have WMDs

But there is no way they could deploy them in 45mins!

2. Scroticus Canis

Re: Ex Clinton and Blair advisor @ Chris G

Come on Chris be fair, the only thing Clinton invaded was a willing mouth.

Bliar on the other hand didn't need any advisor encouragement, he was frothing at the mouth to join Dubbya invading Iraq.

Bitterly disappointed with the article as reading the headline indicated Bliar was ex-UK (i.e. had left the UK, and hopefully never to return).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They are leaving because they've been told they have to give up their android tabs and iPhones for MS gear.

5. Howard Long

"We need to drive clarity, alignment and intensity across all our work"

FFS. That is all.

1. hplasm
      Facepalm

Rather-

"We need to drive across all our work"

Which explains the smell of roadkilll.

6. Herby

Don't Get Scroogled??

Really should be "Don't get bonged".

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They're celebrating at Apple

Mark Penn? Just what Microsoft needs ... if it weren't for him, Hillary Clinton would probably be president. He is a marketing genius, the way Game of Thrones is a children's cartoon. His Scroogled ad was a disaster and his "technology" ad was "nice" but had nothing to do with Microsoft's products.

Maybe Linux on the desktop will have its opening.

8. Big-nosed Pengie

You know why they call him a guru?

Because it's easier to spell than charlatan.

9. Chris Miller
    Coat

Maybe it's just me, but if you were running a giant technology company, wouldn't you want the person in charge of your corporate strategy to know something about technology? [I know, I know, I'm a dinosaur - I'll be off now.]

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"want the person in charge of your corporate strategy to know something about technology?"

Whadda ya mean

He's got a masters in use of Facebook !

10. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Statistics-driven design is what gave us Metro. How's that working out so far?

Microsoft needs to do one thing if they want to win hearts and minds: obey Wheaton's Law. Statistics won't tell you this because statistics can only give you information on things you've actually tried. Worse, statistics can be bent and twisted to support any agenda.

Microsoft is fucked. Statistics-based strategy is what got them into this mess int he first place. What they need to do is sit down with their critics and engage with them on a real, human level. Understand their grievances and instead of trying to explain to them why they are somehow wrong and they need to change their thinking to meet Microsoft's strategy...change Microsoft's strategy to be more compatible with the evolving needs of real people.

I had high hopes for Nadella. He was one of the few Microsoft folks who truly seemed to grok the concept that people were not just numbers on a ledger. I am distraught to be proven so wrong.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like