back to article Woman claims she was assaulted in Google Glass 'HATE CRIME'

A California woman claims to have been the victim of a "hate crime" after allegedly being attacked in a San Francisco bar because she was wearing Google Glass. "OMG so you'll never believe this but... I got verbally and physically asaulted [sic] and robbed last night in the city, had things thrown at me because of some wanker …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hud Dunlap
    Facepalm

Hate Crime?

Really? Google is going to have a real problem with public relations if all the wearers of Google Glasses are this obnoxious and clueless.

1. SoaG

Re: Hate Crime?

If they weren't obnoxious and clueless, they'd have no interest in wearing the glasses.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Agreed

I don't remember who first pointed this out, but Google Glass is like a Leisure Suit. It not only denotes bad taste by the wearer, but advertises that they are sleazy as well.

2. Jamie Jones Silver badge
    Facepalm

This is classed as a 'hate crime'?

You poor oppressed glass-hole.

EDIT: Hud got his/her post in just before mine!

3. Chairo
    Facepalm

"she was able to capture some footage of the confrontation, which she started recording in the bar"

Did it come to her mind, that this could be part of the problem?

She should call herself lucky, that no one punched her in the face. I could imagine it would be difficult to extract parts of her spy glasses from her eyeball.

1. Crisp

Is your problem that she was filming the assault, or is it the device she was using to do it?

1. SoaG

She wasn't assaulted. People showed great restraint defending against an invasion of their privacy.

2. Fibbles

I don't think the problem is in the filming as such. With a camera or phone it's reasonably easy to tell when somebody is filming or preparing to take a photograph. Google Glass looks the same regardless of whether the user is wearing them as traditional glasses or is actually attempting photography. I imagine that it's the constant ambiguity that causes the aggravation. People act differently when they're being recorded. Just because someone is happy to behave a certain way in public doesn't mean they're happy to have it recorded for all time.

3. Chairo

@crisp: I feel that wearing that particlar device in a pub is quite offensive. Not to take it off, once people state, that they are feeling offended is either arrogant or stupid. To start taking a video after people get angry about you wearing a video device is - well, offensive. Add enough alcohol to the mix and things can go violent pretty fast.

IMHO she should call herself lucky that she only lost her purse.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

"throwing wet bar towels at her"

By US standards isn't this getting off rather lightly? Given that the alternative is usually anything between a bullet, being "democratised" by an invading US army or even nuked, I think she should be quite pleased.

1. Charles Manning

Re: "throwing wet bar towels at her"

Now, now, that would have been quite upsetting.

The bar towel wasn't even made from organic cotton!

5. OzBob
    Trollface

And what is the condition of her cat?

:) (This post is required and must contain letters)

1. Ken Y-N
      FAIL

Pussy, please

Presumably Mrs Slocombe was upset because the person ran off with Glass video of her stroking her pussy.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And what is the condition of her cat?

The usual method to determine this was to phone her next door neighbour and ask him to look through the letterbox to see if he could see her pussy.

3. Ben Rosenthal

Re: And what is the condition of her cat?

It was left sodden after that unpleasant business around the back alley.

6. Gray Ham Bronze badge

Being assaulted is always a bad experience, regardless of whether you are badly injured or not. But, maybe she is taking the wrong message from this incident. If you are going out to places where there is a risk of assault (and these days that can be pretty much anywhere, you don't just have to walk down dark alleys), you need to keep alert to what is going on around you* to try and avoid bad situations as far as possible. I don't believe wearing your Google glasses "all the time" is going to help your situational awareness..

*Yes, I know that's no guarantee, there are people who will king-hit you from behind without warning..

1. rh587

@Grey Ham

"I don't believe wearing your Google glasses "all the time" is going to help your situational awareness.."

An app opportunity there shurely?

GPS tracker querying a database and popping up warnings

"Did you know 5 people have been mugged on this street in the past 4 months?"

"Warning: You are entering an area where wearing Google Glass may attract bodily harm or ridicule."

"Warning: You appear to be wearing Google Glass. Please remove headset and pretend you don't have it."

7. Captain DaFt

Hate crime? PFFFFFT!

This kind of thing happens all the time;

a.Someone goes 'slumming' in seedy bars, looks like they have some bucks. (terminology: 'The Mark')

b. The 'diversion' causes a scene with the mark, drawing them out of the bar.

c. The mark returns to the bar, can't find valuables... "Nobody saw nothing, honest! Besides, you started it!"

1. Vociferous

Re: Hate crime? PFFFFFT!

> The 'diversion'

Look at the comments here. 90% of the commenters seem ready to assault anyone wearing Google glass, because, dontchaknow, it's completely different to film in public with your cellphone and film with google glass.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Hate crime? PFFFFFT!

it's completely different to film in public with your cellphone and film with google glass.

Actually, it is. Using a cellphone means it's visible you're doing it, whereas you can happily perv away with Google glass after judicious use of a black marker to cover the LED. Personally, I would ask someone too to remove themselves if they were wearing this thing. Or I'd start following them with a real camera for as long as I got away with it, to see how they liked it themselves.

I would have zero problems with Google glass if it recorded the user itself, but that's exactly the only person who will NOT have their data uploaded to Google - and if you have ever read their ToS you'd know it's theirs to use into perpetuity (read the "limitations" on that right properly and you'll realise they're no limitations at all). Screw that.

8. Charles Manning

"Please don't be creepy or rude with our product"

This is a very odd statement to make. Do Google expect the glasses to mainly appeal to social misfit numpties who will go out of their way to annoy people?

I can't think of any other product that carries a statement like this.

Do short dresses have a label saying "Please show some decorum when wearing this dress." No.

Nor do iphones say: "Please don't annoy others by having long conversations with Siri."

Google obviously expect these glasses to have great twat appeal and they're probably right.

1. Eguro
      Joke

Re: "Please don't be creepy or rude with our product"

"This is a very odd statement to make. Do Google expect the glasses to mainly appeal to social misfit numpties who will go out of their way to annoy people?"

Well the idea is that they'd be used by developers...

1. solo
        Facepalm

"..Well the idea is that they'd be used by developers.."

Well the idea is that they'd be used by the masses, after this BETA period. (Although, they may keep it on Perpetual BETA phase for ever to give responsibilities a miss).

1. Eguro

"Well the idea is that they'd be used by the masses, after this BETA period. (Although, they may keep it on Perpetual BETA phase for ever to give responsibilities a miss)."

That's correct, but the guidelines helpfully instructing people to not be creepy is meant for current Glass Explorers (or whatever fancy word is used), therefore the message was related to current users thus my joke might be weakened, but should still work...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

By making that statement Google knew what they were doing. It would attract and encourage some Glassholes to actually be creepy and rude. Ordinary people, non-Glassholes, would then possibly react like they did to this stupid ditz.

Result? Free 'advertising' for Google and Glass via Twitter, Facebook, forums etc.

We're doing it now.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This is a very odd statement to make. Do Google expect the glasses to mainly appeal to social misfit numpties who will go out of their way to annoy people?

Standard US company stuff. You should see our 'ethics course' which contains such nuggets as "you must always abide by local laws" and "refrain from making unwelcome sexual advances"

Although the pedant in me says one probably has to make at least one sexual advance before knowing whether further advances are welcome or not --- and the scientist in me says a larger sample is surely required before drawing such a conclusion.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Although the pedant in me says one probably has to make at least one sexual advance before knowing whether further advances are welcome or not --- and the scientist in me says a larger sample is surely required before drawing such a conclusion

And that's how I lost my job as a teacher

9. Uncle Siggy
    Joke

She was asking for it

Bully Bar Patron: Shut those things off.

Irritating Bitch: No!

Bully Bar Patron: Gimme!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well would you let some pervert wearing Google Glasses

go anywhere near a school?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Well would you let some pervert wearing Google Glasses

Could you be more explicit, what sort of pervert are we talking about here?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

exactly. I'm a card carrying pervert, but little kids do nothing for me. Table legs on the other hand, ooOOoo baby

2. Crisp

People drive past my kids school with dashboard cams all the time. What's the problem?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Please, won't somebody think about the children...

11. Shonko Kid
    Mushroom

This is just the beginning...

Very soon, we'll see this sort of attack being raised to racial hatred, when, in the not too distant future, over-liberal, hippy, Google funded states like California seek to classify pretentious, latte-drinking, tech-wearing, cyborg-wannabes as a racial minority.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Incredible piece of technology and innovation that makes my life easier

Seems to me like this piece of technology has done everything but make her life easier and it sounds more like someone from the cult of googlology has tutored her on what to say.

13. smartypants

"Woman with camera strapped to face films people being annoyed by such a thing"

Yes, perhaps this wasn't the real story this time, but I imagine we'll be hearing a lot more about this sort of thing in time.

Until this technology is in the shops, the best way to recreate the experience of this woman for yourself is to go into a crowded bar and stick your mobile phone up in front of your face filming everyone you chat to or look at...

...if that's what you think is a good night out, of course!

14. raving angry loony

meh

If I'm in a bar and someone comes in and starts recording me without my approval (apart from the 17 security cameras and accidental photo-bombs of the incessant selfies of self-congratulatory students about how brave they are coming to the bars I hang out in)... oh wait, I guess it doesn't really matter if yet another wanker starts recording me in a public dive.

I'm guessing the glasses were grabbed as a very standard ploy to distract from the real theft of the purse/wallet/phone. It worked.

1. DavCrav

Re: meh

"I'm guessing the glasses were grabbed as a very standard ploy to distract from the real theft of the purse/wallet/phone. It worked."

Sure, except now there's video of the one suspect, and probably his friend lurking about in the bar at the same time. Should make at least one arrest pretty easy, and then the fun US justice system of 100 million years unless you plead guilty and dob in everyone else comes into its own...

15. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Odd then that...

In the heat of the moment that she seems to have had the whit to reduce the assailants personalities down to "ugly, nasty, angry, jealous, confused and threatened" - but no awareness at all that she was the victim of a sting operation to relieve her of her handbag and wallet.

What a dimbo.

16. Valeyard

glasses

Raises an interesting point, I've never broken any glasses or anything, but get through 1 or 2 pairs a year, purely by losing them when drunk

but if they were high-tech and liable to sell well on ebay they're probably very easy to snatch off someone's face compared to nicking an iphone, which was a craze for a long while, and that's in your hand which has the ability to grab..

i think the lesson is don't take them to bars, i don't even take my smartphone to pubs in case i drop it or get mugged (i go out in middlesbrough..)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: glasses

How drunk are you getting to lose your glasses?

Perhaps the lesson should be don't get so drunk then you won't be loosing 2 pairs a year?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

loosing != losing ffs

2. Valeyard

not always when i'm wearing them. sometimes they just fall out of a jacket when they're in my coat pocket and then i bend over, take it off and sling it on a chair, or the gets folded in half top-pocket-facing-down on the short journey from cloakroom girl to hanger or whatever. they're just remarkably unsuited to ever staying with me (don't want them in the same pocket as my keys, not in my trousers because of all the sitting actions bending them etc so i usually keep them in the dangerous top-pocket of a coat)

1. Havin_it

@Valeyard, considered a belt holster? Style death, I know, but if you're a geek anyway then what does that matter? ;)

Of course if you're a hardware engineer you can always say it's your Leatherman. Nobody disses the Leatherman. Just don't do so in earshot of the bouncers (they'll probably just want to play with it).

Tangent: is it me or did all the text just go from black to grey? Weird, eyes no likey.

17. Joseph Eoff

The problem with Google Glass ...

is the first part of the name: Google. Everything recorded with Glass goes to Google to be associated with all the other data that Google collects. That pisses me off. If the recordings were personal and private I wouldn't mind. Being spied on by a huge multinational 24/7 with the collusion of my fellow citizens is just right out.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The problem with Google Glass ...

Yes, I can imagine the "Google Review Room". All those hapless Caltech grads employed in the tens of thousands reviewing every video being uploaded. Shouts emanating across the room of "Quick everyone I've got an accidental nipple slip" and "car chase, someone is involved in a car chase" as the other grads quickly connect to the talked about video and merrily joke and laugh about it before posting it up on you tube and generating billions in ad revenue.

Google Top Brass are probably delighting at their "anti-privacy" room (or pervs room as it is colloquially known). Every month they get their biggest advertisers to come in and show them a select range of videos who then get to decide the users they would like to target most "Yep, Graham Smith - we'll start pushing baldness cures to him, Mary Brason - she's going to need a new car soon, lets get onto Ford to see if they want to deal".

Or maybe I'm being ridiculous...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

maybe I'm being ridiculous

Not in my opinion. Basically, Glassholes are helping Google expand Streetview into homeview, and create a globally usable network of CCTV.

"We need eyes on New Bond Street!"

Localising Glassholes in vicinity, please wait .. Found user in proximity, now remotely enabling Glasses..

Far fetched? Nope - only the lack of distribution prevents this scenario.

- GPS location? Check

- Camera not living in a pocket (the problem with mobile phones)? Check

- User aware? Not really a problem either.

There is far, far more to this than just idiots taking pics of each other.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

yep…

Do we REALLY need a load of uncle pervi'es with their google glasses pretending they are waiting outside the School for their kids?

2. Joseph Eoff

You are being ridiculous. The problem is not a bunch of pervs getting their jollies. The problem is a huge multinational company recording everything with the ability to cross reference your picture, the location, and other people to build a profile of everyone and everything in order to more efficiently earn money selling advertisements. That's the problem.

A single, random person recording a scene in a bar doesn't bother me much. It's the google connection that makes it a problem.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Your complaint was about you being recorded by someone else and it being uploaded to Google and now your issue is they can efficiently earn money from advertising it.

So

1) how are they going to show you this advert while some one catches you accidentally in their video (or are you really suggesting that you are so interesting that people are going to be actively, continuously recording you - do they do this now on their smartphone)

2) What would be special about you that would warrant a advert being triggered. Do you believe that Joseph Eoff has a keyword match on Google to automatically show adverts whenever you are in the room?

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

2) What would be special about you that would warrant a advert being triggered. Do you believe that Joseph Eoff has a keyword match on Google to automatically show adverts whenever you are in the room?

And what, prey, is so different to that than Google showing you ads on websites you visit? All you need to do is feed location data from the Glasshole to the shop, or limit it so you only signal the shop ad system when someone on the list enters the premises (it's known as geo fencing). It's already available now.

This is actually one of the other problems I have with WhatsCrap: it has the ability to associate a user with the Bluetooth ID it can pick up - this data is already out there, or only an update away.

3. magnetik

I don't think it's as unfeasible as you portray. Remember Google automatically blank out millions (if not hundreds of millions?) of faces and license plate numbers in Street View images. Not much of a stretch from there to detecting things like brand logos or whatever in the frames of a video. Couple that with knowing the location where a video is shot and there's plenty of intelligence to gather, I imagine.

18. Mystic Megabyte
    FAIL

The ancient and customary pub rules

1. Do not discuss politics

2. Do not discuss religion

3. Do not secretly record people in the bar

19. Mark 85
    FAIL

So she goes to a dive in a questionable part of town....

... and shows off her Google Glass and she expected what? In my opinion, she got the same treatment she would have received by wearing all her fine jewelry there. A 'hate crime'??? No, an idiot crime. Only idiots go to places like that, show off, and expect everyone to 'ooh and ahh'. Doesn't matter if it's Glass, diamonds, gold, or a pricey car.

Oh wait.. she's in San Francisco where everyone loves everyone and poverty and crime are myth.

1. Shooter
      Joke

Re: So she goes to a dive in a questionable part of town....

"No, an idiot crime."

But what if you hate idiots?

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What did you expect?

The first(?) of many similar videos to come, I suspect. You walk into any enclosed area with not-so-secret secret filming equipment strapped to your head. And then you get all indignant when someone takes exception to you.

You could do a lot worse and watch...

"Black Mirror : The Entire History Of You" on Netflix

or on 4oD at

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror/4od#3327868

21. brokensocialsteve

That's odd

An American calling someone a 'Wanker'. Doesn't seem right.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

#GlassPunch

23. This post has been deleted by its author

24. system11

I don't want to be secretly recorded, I'd ban them from all establishments. Phones and actual cameras are different, they're very obvious when in use, someone wearing a pair of glasses may be recording and they may not be, it's completely unreasonable and Google are at fault here for not giving a shit about privacy when they invented them.

1. Adrian 4

You do know that they can do things other than record, right ?

And that if secret filming is your thing, you can do it far better without ?

If you're concerned about being filmed, a google glass wearer is one of the LEAST likely suspects.

1. JustWondering

They may the least likely suspects but they are definitely the most annoying.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There's also the problem of not knowing what is done with the video. Even if the owner has the alleged rights, one brief look at Google's ToS will tell you Google can appropriate pretty much anything it wants to. Welcome to part II of global surveillance, part I being FB + WhatsApp.

25. James 36

Optional

hate crime

noun

a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

"legislation to stiffen penalties for persons convicted of hate crimes"

not a hate crime, just a crime

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: Optional Gate Crime?

"not a hate crime, just a Haight crime"

FTFY

26. bigtimehustler

Well, you know...it's all the name really, go to a dive bar, find the kind of people who drink in dives!

27. Vociferous

Good show!

It's obviously completely different to film in a public place with a camera or a cellphone (which is of course perfectly OK), and to film with Google glass (which is creepy and disgusting). If she had been filming with a camera or a cellphone attacking her would have been unjustified, but now she used Google glass which we hate, so it's OK and really all her fault for being such a glasshole.

1. JustWondering

Re: Good show!

Actually, any method of recording can cause problems in seedy bars.

28. Adrian 4
    Holmes

the esteemed Daily Mail.

fsvo 'esteemed'

29. Tom 11

I hated her from the instant she failed to use 'Wanker' properly

And it went downhill from there.

I think the only thing this particular pair of goggles will capture is the inside of her own anus.

30. Irongut

Looking for trouble?

Dive bar... gritty neighbourhood... city that is known to dislike Google at the moment. Whilst I don't condone the reaction it does sound like she was looking for trouble.

31. HKmk23

Esteemed Daily Mail

Only people with an IQ of 60 or below read that....and none of those would even know how to spell esteemed......

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Esteemed Daily Mail

How the hell can you tell that just by looking at the pictures.

32. localzuk Silver badge

Strange comments here...

An awful lot of people here seem to be placing blame on her for wearing the thing in a rough bar/rough area. Really? Yes, it may be advisable to alter behaviour in an area like that but no-one should have to!

She didn't cause anything here. The morons who attacked and stole her stuff caused it. The outcome of this should be police action and prosecution, not ridicule of this woman for using a piece of modern technology.

This seems to happen far too often - blame for a crime gets shifted onto the victim because they didn't lock their door, wore a short skirt or went into a different area whilst black etc... Its absolute nonsense!

1. JustWondering

Re: Strange comments here...

As long as you don't mind the possibility of being assaulted, you can be in the right any time you want. But don't expect much sympathy when umbrage is taken. Say by a person on a date with a person not their spouse. Or perhaps an independent entrepreneur dispensing joy. Or someone that just doesn't like having their picture taken. Seedy bars are one of the best places to find these types of people.

2. localzuk Silver badge

Re: Strange comments here...

If these people behave that way, that needs tackling. Simple as that. If crimes happen often in a seedy bar? Do what they do in the UK - shut it down because they're failing in their duties to protect their clients.

If a business likes to ensure the privacy of their clients? Ban the devices from the premises - put up signs, enforce the rule.

Don't like having your picture taken? Ask the person nicely not to or report it to the bar management.

We live in what should be a civilised world - at least in the USA. This isn't the wild west any more, there's no need to go around dealing out justice on your own, that's why we have public services like the police...

33. Andrew Jones 2

It never ceases to amaze me how - even though we know for a fact that mobile phones and in particular smartphones have a limited battery life, we know what things on our phone drain the battery quicker than other things, we know how expensive data and video is to battery life. But yet, somehow people think Google Glass is magic, it has some unknowable property to record absolutely everything all the time, and live stream that data back to Google over your limited capped data tariff - all without a) blowing through your data tariff and b) never draining the battery.

Further - Google has expressly forbid the use of Google Glass for facial recognition, which even if it was allowed - could only EVER be used to recognise people YOU ALREADY KNOW, because querying some database of people you don't know, for pictures of someone that gave NO PERMISSION for them to be there nor any permission to associate personal data with them, is illegal, a breach of data protection laws and would likely end up with the owner of such a service being prosecuted. But I suppose, common sense and rational thought just goes out of the window when people see Google Glass, the fact the CCTV system in the building or on the street is capable of LIVE facial recognition, or that a lot of CCTV systems aren't with cameras that stick out a mile away and are in fact small enough you don't notice them is obviously something they don't realise.

This particular story however, sounds very much like if she hadn't been wearing Glass, similar results would of played out but instead of "would you shut those off" it would be "would you stop looking at me"

1. Jerry G.

I have been amazed how well the Google picture search works. I used my own picture, and pictures of a few friends in Google picture search. It found websites that contained the pictures I looked for. A friend of mine took some photos at a number of touristic places. These were easily identified with Google picture search.

As for smart phones they generally have a short life between battery charging because of the extensive CPU and operation demand. Scanning for emails, monitoring the phone network for a possible incoming call, working on WiFi, operating a Bluetooth device, and running a few programs in the background eat up battery time. If you were to turn off all the services and have only the phone section active for only simple phone calls you will notice the battery will go a lot longer.

But... If you were to use your smart phone with all the extra services turned off, then there is no point in paying out the extra bucks for a smart phone and the data plan. You may as well own a cheap regular flip phone or something like that!

34. Dave 142

Hate Crime?

This makes me think of the times Cartman claims something's a hate crime and the other kids sigh loudly.

35. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Glasshole is the word.

36. JustWondering
    Happy

Really?

""I am always going to wear them now," "

Maybe she should line up a proctologist now instead of later when she'll be in a hurry.

37. Jerry G.

In many public places it is not safe to expose expensive gadgets, or anything that represents something of value, unless you are prepared to have to protect it, or be injured from being attacked. There is also the other aspect where people become offended, or had their privacy invaded when they think their picture has been taken.

Google Glass, as like a digital camera of any type stands out a lot, and opens an invitation to be robbed of it. This is why many press reporters when going in to unsafe public places where they cannot be protected will use a hidden camera if they want to take pictures.

When I use my smart phone I wear a small Bluetooth earphone that does not light up, and it is under my hair and not visible especially if I am wearing a hat. I never take my phone out. I operate it entirely by voice and button command with the hidden Bluetooth earphone. I also make sure I am not drawing attention when talking in to my earphone. I usually walk out direct site from the main area if possible.

38. JLV

Dive bar early AM + high tech 1-percenter gadget, what could possibly go wrong?

Google Glasses are an interesting new way to wear a computer. Privacy issues? For sure, but I still think they are moving the envelope. Too bad in a way they come from Google. I suspect wearable recording-capable tech will end up a bit like the early days of cellphone cameras - big concerns, then grudging acceptance. I would certainly be more accepting if there was a visible RECORDING indicator on the frames. Blinking red light, perhaps? Like the camera shutter sound on cell phones?

But... regardless of the merits or not of those things - who is clueless enough to wear a $1500 gadget with a very controversial Big Brother reputation in a dive bar? In a city that is getting polarized against the rich by the day? Alcohol and good behavior often part ways, do they not? Does she have a clue? Methink not.

And, when she gets into an altercation, it's not just any regular bar fight or disturbance. No, sirree - it's a HATE CRIME. You know, the legal designation that was brought to punish killing or wounding someone who is gay, the wrong color or the wrong religion.

Hey, I live right near a rather ghetto area. If I walk around there with a $1500 DSLR camera at night and I get robbed, would anybody call that a hate crime? Really? I'd expect the police to get off their butt if I got injured, but otherwise, I'd expect them superficial support but a good chuckle at my expense behind my back.

a) she was clueless

b) despite a) she should not have been attacked so she is a victim

c) the hate crime designation is ludicrous

d) since nothing much seems to have happened, storm in a teacup, police $ better spent elsewhere unless the perpetrators are easily identified in which case they should get the same treatment they would for any other similar assault

1. southpacificpom
      Pint

Re: Dive bar early AM + high tech 1-percenter gadget, what could possibly go wrong?

Similarly to a), there are twats born everyday and it will be repeated.

39. zen1
    Joke

damn rabid

apple users... always stirring shit up with their neo-luddite ways.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like