back to article Microsoft joins the cloud-empire club with Japanese bit barns

At its peak, it was said that the sun never set on the British Empire – now you can say the same thing about Microsoft's global fleet of cloud data centers. The software company announced on Tuesday that it had brought two Japanese bit barns online located in Saitama Prefecture (Japan East) and Osaka Prefecture (Japan West). …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jnffarrell1

The sun has set on the fat client

Clients that have to store 100x the software that they use at any one time are zombies. Azure was designed to face that fact while bridge burning PR is still being used to cover the fact that the internet can no longer be slowed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The sun has set on the fat client

Absolutely !(*)

Now, what is your point exactly regarding TFA ?

(*) my dear old nan once taught me to always agree with someone lacking coherence, just in case

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The sun has set on the fat client

"The sun has set on the fat client "

I have lots of quite fat clients, and I can assure you that it hasn't. Those clients do keep asking about Azure too. Mostly to move less important stuff to, but sometimes production systems as well.

2. martyn-w

Hmmm… this is rather wishful thinking. The sun is presently set on Azure's West Europe data-centre: my websites have been offline all morning whilst MS engineers ponder what's going on.

3. Robert E A Harvey

Alternative view

"Some part of Azure is always in the dark?"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like