back to article EU delays vote on roaming, open internet after TRANSLATION fail

The European Parliament's industry committee has postponed a vote on putting an end to roaming charges across the EU by 2015 and ensuring that telcos don't get to charge companies like Google to pay for faster interwebs. The Industry, Research and Energy committee (ITRE) was due to vote on a legislative report on roaming …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fromage alimentaires singes capitulards....

1. bpfh
      Boffin

Wha?

What instant translation tool spat out that line of crud?

Singes capitulards mangeurs de fromage was probably what you were looking for, but you also forgot the bratwurst swallowing oompa band players, sangria drinking goat worriers and 24 others...

1. tirk
        Coat

Re: Wha?

"Sangria-drinking donkey-tossers" is the accepted UKIP designation for our Iberian chums I believe.

1. Richard 120

What sort of tossing is that? The SFW kind or the NSFW kind?

I'm afraid I get a bit confounded by daily mail rhetoric.

1. bpfh
            Trollface

I guess it's the SFW version of Muffin' the Mule. Don't tell the RSPCA ;)

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

That was from Google Translate. Bing does it a bit better:

2. Neil Davies 1

Next π has the value 3

They don't get statistical multiplexing do they? Even a FCFS tail drop queue is traffic management!

They *really* don't want the world in which it is a complete free for all - the resulting network dynamics (and costs) are not the ones they thought that they would get...

3. Fred Goldstein

Brain-dead understanding of the Internet

Prohibiting ISPs from managing the flow of traffic is a quick way to shut the whole thing down. The Internet is not only reliant on massive oversubscription, but its TCP depends on cooperation to work, or the network will go into congestion collapse. It is not a common carrier service with fixed bit rates and shouldn't be treated as one.

Of course teevee junkies don't care, and will happily destroy it if the think they'll get a few more shows to watch in the process.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like