back to article Mexican press aide lifts US gov BlackBerrys

A press aide to Mexican president Felipe Calderon has been given his marching orders for making off with BlackBerrys belonging to US officials participating in a summit in New Orleans, AP reports. Rafael Quintero Curiel admitted removing the devices from the get-together between the heads of Canada, Mexico and the US last week …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Smarm-o-set

The first news report I read about this story failed to mention that the blackberries were electrical gadgets, and it did not capitalise BlackBerry; I was left wondering why it was such a sin to steal tasty bite-sized fruits. Blackberries love to be taken, they scream out to be plucked and eaten. Perhaps Mexico doesn't have blackberries, it a hot country. In which case I can hardly blame the man for wanting to take them home.

2. tempemeaty
    Stop

Congress must see in them fellow travelers

Yup. Corruption is what corruption does. Congress must see fellow travelers in that Government down south. Why else would Congress be giving the US and all it's services up to their people and doing everthing possible to let their invading populations take over. Yup Congress must see those stealing SOB's as fellow travelers...

3. Daniel B.
    Pirate

Oh the Blackberries!!!

Kinda late, this was all over the news (still is) since Thursday ... but it did give me a new warning: Keep Blackberry away from federal government hands!!! They're all theiving bastards, starting with the president-"elect" himself.

With a $3000/month income, I'd wonder why would he want to nick 6 Blackberries, when he could've bought them himself with that kind of money!!! I don't know what cracks me up more, the fact that this dude thought he could get away with it (well, maybe here in Mexico he might have done it), that he probably didn't know they were useless after the "Self-Destruct by Remote" wipes out everything, or that some conspiracy theorists think he might have been taking them for espionage/extracting valuable info from them. That would work ... for a smart guy. This guy isn't.

Search his name, he's even being called "World's dumbest criminal" here in Mexico!!!!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mexican lost-and-found Department

Typical of the Mexican government kleptocracy, but sadly it is also typical of Mexican society. There was a recent case in which a Mexican ex-president was caught taking an "unofficial route", which put him well ahead in a marathon. There was also the case about 10 years ago where the Mexicans were barred from FIFA play for several years after they were found to be using over-age players.

AC, because the Mexicans are usually armed.

5. pctechxp
    Black Helicopters

the CIA is coming

"The matter is under investigation by law enforcement officials and they haven't decided yet what exactly happened, but they're working on it."

Think that statement says it all.

No doubt the Mecican ne'er do well will be bundled into the back of a CIA face and taken to a secret torure camp somewhere in the world.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like