back to article Israeli spyware-for-hire PIs jailed

A group of private eyes who applied spyware to industrial espionage have been jailed in Israel, in the latest twist to a long-running high-profile investigation. Four members of the Israeli Modi'in Ezrahi private investigation firm were sentenced on Monday after they were found guilty of using Trojan malware to steal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. matt

In the UK...

"Jackont's discovery of a Trojan on his PC led to a police investigation that eventually led back to the Haephratis and a much larger plot."

If I went down the police station and said there is a Trojan on my PC I wouldnt expect them to actually do anything. Maybe they'd cart my PC of for a few months.

Maybe if you went to some where else, a special subsection of the police they might do something? Is there something like that you can do?

2. Cameron Colley

@matt

If you know what a trojan is: YOU'RE A HACKER AND A TERRORIST AND A PEADO..

3. tuna
    Paris Hilton

Matt, Justice for all!

Just hire a PI and a lawyer, justice is available for all who can afford it. But please, don't bother the coppers with such trivialities. If it isn't a fine-able offense OR cannot be fixed by writing a citation, they just can't be bothered with it.

Paris loves justice, the really expensive kind.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Trojan on my PC

"Jackont's discovery of a Trojan on his PC led to a police investigation that eventually led back to the Haephratis and a much larger plot."

Mind you, if I called the police and told them I had a "Trojan on my PC" they would wonder if I was taking cybersex too seriously!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

@matt

Now that Micro$oft is distributing COFEE to law enforcement so they can spy, er,scan your PC in situ, you should feel safer. Yea, right.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoft/2004379751_msftlaw29.html

This topic is closed for new posts.