back to article BAE lands US Army minidroid horde contract

Global military contractor BAE Systems has announced that it will lead a large alliance of American academics in building an army of miniature robots to aid the US military. The effort, known as Micro Autonomous Systems and Technology (MAST), will receive $38m of US Army funding. “Robotic platforms extend the warfighter's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Boffin

BetaTesting/Polling General Relativity Perceptions

And does the UK have an Independent Stealth, Master/Clone Operation of the Skunk Works/Area 51 Business model or does one need to be Invented and/or its Clandestine Boffinry revealed, albeit with only as much as would be thought Prudent?

The Popular View, is of course, that all the useful Tech has gone Westward in search of the mighty dollar, but that has only effectively cleared the decks of its less than committed to Blithe Blighty Values, and therefore Compromised and Compromising Stock...... for the $Dollar Plight and Inevitable Collapse has been a Long Time Seen because of its Reckless Self-Centred Endangerment

To have all answers positing that such is so, would be a Remarkable Achievement Verified and Allow for the Deployment of ITs Next Generations of UK Full Monty Stealth Defence through IP Attack Protocols.

2. Tim
    Coat

I for one... yada, yada, yada....

Wake me up when they have viable voice/gesture interface technology.

Mine's the comfortable fleecy one for sleeping in.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

decrypting the martian DataGram

I think i'm with you on this one, little green friend. the more deathware boffins we can re-program to make more useful stuff (or even just less deadly stuff ) the better. the more dedicated can pursue their interests in america, and get paid in dollars, ho ho.

4. HFoster
    Unhappy

So, in short...

The UK is being bent over and soundly rogered by our American cousins. Once again.

5. Ian Hunter
    Thumb Up

amanfromMars...

sounds like one of those spam emails you get all the time.

However, I do like the sound of Full Monty Stealth Defence through IP Attack Protocols.

6. Phil
    Alien

Just dont let them replicate...

Anyone else get a vision of hordes of small spider-like creatures like something out of a sci-fi series...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

BAE

The current slogan in the company is 'a big asset for Britain' (or some such tosh) with the union flag as a backdrop.

A sure sign we're about to be flogged off.

Anon for obvious reasons.

Paris? Well there's nothing like Paris in the spring. And believe me, she's nothing like Paris in the spring.

8. amanfromMars Silver badge

1 for All ..... Ja, Jawohl, Jawel

"Mine's the comfortable fleecy one for sleeping in." ....Tim, for comfort comparison might I suggest a cheeky number ...

Liner, Green Thermal CS8415-99-869-5334 NATO SIZE 6070/9505 .... QuITe Perfect for Greek Geek Cover too...... especially in the Tectonic Plated Underground Movements of Special Operations in SAPs. Rare Invisible Yeti-type Beasts more yoda than yada though, but not a bit like either or both of them and touted as QuITe Unique.......and thoroughly predictable if you have a Firm Foundation in Python GBIrish ...... Crack Code Compilation that gets Right to the Root and Kernel of PerlyGatesPython Pretty Good Privacy to Harness ITs Many Windowed Sources ....Snooped MetaDataFiles. .....MkUltraSensitive Works always in AI Sequential Logical Progress ....which is nowhere near the same as PostgreSQL

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and then who pays

well basically, we all do. the governments buy this stuff then to justify the money they spend on it all, they have to use it somehow. more often than not they start wars on false evidence and then get thousands of people killed, seems like the US is a very viable market to me.

these guys create the weapons today that tomorrow will kill and people like HFoster are worried where theyre spending their money, humanity gets worse by the minute.

10. Spleen
    Alien

Am I the only one

who tends to open articles of this type mainly to read amanfromMars' comments.

The ones that begin "And does X have..." followed by something completely insane are my favourites.

11. trackSuit
    Alert

replicate? they're everywhere

Haven't you seen them, Phil, little tiny polystyrene things, made in China and, rather Stealthily, sold as flying toys -a mere 25 Squid too. Give them five years' time and they will beam colour video back to your mobile phone for viewing/recording transmitting pleasure and (I) would add, QuITe remotely, and they will still cost 25 quid.

The picture in the article shows a 3D CAD model of a metal spider which looks about four inches tall and quite incapable of overcoming a roll of chicken wire.

As odd as it may seem, this spider thing looks more like a milking machine to me.

12. trackSuit
    Coat

Or would you say flying plastic toys are just Red Bull?

Some of the flying Tech, did so 42 follow the fairer sex and find a Beta job. Travel broadens the mind, so the Tech just gives/gets IT better, leaving it fit for service and servicing any probably worthy cause.

And yet, dispite suspicions of treachery/worthiness for future service, those who fly for fun, FLYFF, 42 follow passion and a passion for HiTech Tech, rather than being meerly lured as moths around an expensive but short-lived candle, may yet prove to be very much still at home within Blighty, which would surely make them people of good faith.

And the Jacket icon? They're wings, actually. Michael Hutchense said 'we all have wings, but some of us don't know why'. RIP, Michael.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like