back to article HTC offers FREEBIE repair on new models with cracked screens

HTC is offering users free fixes for cracked screens on the company's new handset models. The company said that all HTC One, One Max and One Mini customers in the US who purchase their device on or after February 18 will be eligible to receive one free repair from the company on cracked screens in the first six months of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ol'Peculier

Somethings changed

I got a HTC One phone last year and am very pleased with it,

It upped my Dropbox account by a fair wack so it's interesting to see they are now working with Google Drive.

1. Shane McCarrick

Re: Somethings changed

It upped my Dropbox to 30Gb- which I'm very happy with.

My impression of HTC is definitely growing- and I love my One.

2. dwrjones87

I've had a HTC One X since around when they came out, and I can't fault it...

1. Sartori

Same here, had it since release and it's still a brilliant phone. I'm actually due an upgrade next week but I don't really see anything dramatically better out there. I might just stick with it a while longer and reduce the monthly payments until I see something that catches my eye.

1. Piro Silver badge
        Thumb Up

What, you mean you don't need the latest device, and you want to spend less?

Attack of common sense! Good to read.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

My last upgrade was a toss up between HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4. Went with the S4 over its removable battery and removable SD card. Not dropped a phone in the drink yet, but its only a matter of time.

3. PaulR79

Aggressive and smart move

They may be having trouble in terms of revenue and customers to a degree but this is a very big trump card. No other company currently offers anything like it. Google may push out updates to the Nexus line for a while but as we saw with the Galaxy Nexus it doesn't always work out as long. This may only be a US initiative for now but I can easily see it being pushed to other markets.

Despite being an HTC fan I've been seriously looking around competitor products for my next phone mainly because of the updates. After failures to deliver an ICS update to my Desire HD and then only offering one major update to the One X I was ready to throw in the towel and go elsewhere. I may still do it depending on what's released but if this goes worldwide I will have to carefully consider all options.

1. Captain Scarlet Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: Aggressive and smart move

Have to agree with your comment about the Desire HD, far to many times it was mentioned it would get another update and it never appeared.

1. Al_21

As a One S user, it makes me wonder though if they'll stick to their promise with this.

Although I see nothing wrong with the current phone and software, I'd still like the promised I was expecting - and I'm sure the phone can handle the upgrades.

Even if HTC release a semi-official ROM with the newer version I'd be happy. I shouldn't need to use a ROM released by other people.

(I do indeed like Sense which is partially why I chose HTC).

1. PaulR79

@Al_21 I was really surprised when they said it would be left on 4.1 considering it should really have launched with that. The phone can easily handle it but they were already moving beyond it and onto the One for a big (by HTC's standards) marketing push.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Finally dumped HTC when they brought out an update for my Sensation that reduced battery life and turned it into a buggy shambles. Was alright before that.

4. Silver
    WTF?

Hate to be a party pooper

Whilst we're all cheering about HTCs update policy - it's worth pointing out that this is the third time now that they've promised software updates for their flagship handsets.

Now, I'm no PR expert, but I'm pretty sure that there is no need to promise something a second or third time if you are ... well, you know ... actually doing it when you announced it the first time.

1. Danny 14

Re: Hate to be a party pooper

you're on a tech site. Go to XDA and get rid of the stock firmware :-)

5. Tenacal

Basics First

While I think its a great move by HTC, I feel they need to look at some of the basic problems with support first. My HTC Desire X died on me about 8 months after purchase..no hard knocks just cut out while resting on my bed and refused to power up again. Sent it off for repairs through HTC and began a lovely series of events:

1 failed pickup due to not entering the request in system, 1 failed pickup due to not finding the address, 1 failed pickup due to visiting the wrong work building (same company, different office on other side of road). 1 successful pickup when I got bored and sent it to them myself.

11 weeks of phone being in repairs spanning 20+ calls to the support centre, 8 different excuses for delay, two letters to UK office (neither receiving a response).

One returned phone, powering on but with the internal call speaker broken.

After that, I decided to use the recently required insurance policy from home contents and they picked it up & delivered a new one the next day.

I can't fault the phone, but equally, I can no longer advertise a HTC phone to anyone.

6. Gene Cash Silver badge

"shift its focus away from the One line of premium devices"

So business is not doing well, and their response is to start making shite? I didn't think HTC was an American company...?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like