back to article Infinidat quietly files 39 patents. Let's take a closer look

A secretive Israeli startup staffed by ex-XIV people is filing patents like there’s no tomorrow. Infinidat is all about object storage for big data, and has EMC Symmetrix inventor and XIV founder Moshe Yanai on its board. The company, whose technology has been described as "XIV done right", has an IZBox G300 filer (NAS) it is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gloriously well-designed long, long page of eye-candy

Meh… I prefer the KitKat Android web site.

"Works perfectly in portrait or landscape for a panoramic taste experience"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I prefer the KitKat Android web site.

Sometimes work is slow in Anonymous Google Shill-land. When there's no apple threads to troll just pick one at random?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

That's not Google Shill, that's Nestlé Shill.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You, sir, are a chump.

2. DaLo

Interesting Tabs in the screenshot - does one say "Whistleblowing"?

1. Skrrp

Good eyes

I think it does.

3. Don Jefe

Effective Cost?

Of all the stupid, senseless made up terms out there, 'Effective Cost' has has got to be one of the worst offenders. It is an absolutely meaningless thing to say. I guess the guy was desperate for something he could tie 'disruptive' (that's another dumb thing to say as well. If something is disruptive, you don't have to advertise that fact. I submit earthquakes, house fires, hostile invasion, dismemberment, ex-girlfriend for your consideration. Note, the disruptive bit comes included in every one of those things, it's a value add kind of thing. But that's a popular term, I'll give them that, everybody wants to fit in). but that doesn't make it any less meaningless.

The only time that term isn't meaningless is if it takes into consideration you internal operations. You can't apply 'effective cost' across your entire target market. If they've figured out how to look inside everybody in their intended space, then that's what I want to buy. Not storage solutions, but their surveillance/industrial espionage system. I'll buy a few of those. I have to say, if this was one of my groups portfolio companies I would lean on them hard to push the espionage systems.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

XIV "done right"?

What do you mean XIV wasn't done "right"? If it wasn't "done right" why didn't they tell us but tried to sell it to us? And if they tried to sell it to us even though it wasn't "done right", why would we believe IZBox is "done right"? And what if IZBox isn't "done right", will the next Moshe platform "be done right"?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IZBox appears to be NAS, and XIV is block storage.

I don't really see the two as competitors. The done right might be referring to company organization instead of products.

1. Hapkido

NAS is the new SAN

1. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

And has been for the last 15 years or so. Always in motion the future is.

1. ManOfFewWords

Predict storage startup exit plans like Yoda

Sell this to EMC or IBM, he will try.

This topic is closed for new posts.