back to article Ganymede map helps reveal satellite's secrets

“Google Ganymede” can only be a matter of time: a group of scientists has produced the first geological map of Ganymede, the moon of Jupiter. Ganymede map joins Earth's moon, and other Jovian moons Io and Callisto, in the select group of planetary satellites for which such maps have been produced. The map is based on images …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. vulcan

"The 5,262-diameter Ganymede..."

5,262 what? Double decker buses, rods, poles, perches? We need to know.

1. Vulch

Spherical cows obviously.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Ganymede is dimensionally transcendental and is 5,262 times the size of itself. Presumably, it was formed when an early prototype of the Tardis malfunctioned and dimensionally transmogrified the surrounding n-space. Good job it was being tested near Jupiter and not in London...

1. Crisp

I've always wondered why Ganymede was bigger on the inside than the outside,

2. pacman7de
      Joke

Diameter expressed in Routemasters ..

vulcan :"5,262 what? Double decker buses, rods, poles, perches? We need to know."

Ganymede has a diameter of 5,268 km or 470,357 Routemasters packed end-to-end ...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wales lengths. The distance from Barry to Prestatyn.

3. Graham Marsden
    Headmaster

"this truly unique moon"

As opposed to what? An only slightly unique moon...?

1. cortland

Re: "this truly unique moon"

How do you catch a unique rabbit? U nique up on it ...

4. teebie

Bah

I was hoping to see the traditional crudely drawn phalus, like there is on mars, but I'll have to settle for a confused-looking fish called Nicholson (25-55W, 31-49S) and a cartoon man's head called Borsippa (1E, 52S)

5. bep

Dynamical?

Is that a word, and if so why is it a better word than 'dynamic'?

1. Roj Blake Silver badge

Re: Dynamical?

They're related.

You can say "the system is dynamic" or you can say "it is a dynamical system."

This topic is closed for new posts.