back to article Speaking in Tech: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella - IS HE ONE OF US?

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise It's another week of El Reg's jam-packed, info-smacked podcast, with your hosts Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, their special guest is Ben Kepes, well known tech evangelist, investor, business adviser and Kiwi. Once again, the gang discusses the most …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DaLo

Reg player

Although you helpfully have the time shown to skip forward to any useful part using the "Reg player" there is no time markers on the player to know where to skip forward to (at least not using Chrome).

Surely having a time marker as you move the slider forward would be more useful?

2. SuccessCase

"Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella - IS HE ONE OF US"

I hope for Microsoft's sake, not. Because if he were, he would be a cynical, "we're all going to hell in a hand cart," know-it all, who hates big business, would want to give all the companies patents away for free and would give every company memo a purile title with a double entendre. Might be fun for a while if he were though (for 5 minutes at least).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I wholeheartedly agree. The last thing MS need is someone that thinks because they have one area of expertise, they automatically know everything else by some sort of osmosis. This is a career limiting trait in many IT guys and one which I have struggled to overcome in myself.

As for cynicism, it's all so depressing that you can rely upon nerdy keyboard warriors to continually knock everyone down and point out the bad, never allow themselves to see any good in anyone. It's corrosive and drags everyone around you down as well.

So: I hope Satya is good for Microsoft, he seems to be a smart guy, I like his cheeky smile, I hope that he is the sort of person who asks when he doesn't understand and sees the good in those around him.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Is he one of us?"

Ah. They got you too then. I suppose they left the pod in the garden where you didn't notice it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like