back to article Google views, reviews YouTube viewers' views with view to killing off spam shams

Google is attempting to stamp out fake views on its video-sharing website YouTube - which is reportedly about to get a new boss in the shape of the company's ad honcho Susan Wojcicki. The ad giant claimed that YouTube was "a place for meaningful human interaction" and as such shouldn't be tainted by spam. Google said in a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christoph

"a place for meaningful human interaction"

Err, this is YouTube comments we're talking about???

1. frank ly

Yes ...

... and this is Google announcements we're reading. :)

2. Graham Marsden
      Trollface

@Christoph

FAKE!

3. Vociferous

☻/ This is Bob. He raised an army to fix Youtube, but was defeated by Google.

/▌

/\

2. M Gale

So basically...

...the reasons given for forcing people onto Google's social notwork in order to leave a comment on a video, or rate/review an app... are crap?

Well who knew?

Fuck Google+.

3. Vociferous

I'm a man, not a bot!

And I had to prove it to Google today. I watched a video, and then I got a little questionnaire. It's really a bit odd I had to prove that, considering that I watched a documentary.

4. mark 63 Silver badge

YouTube was "a place for meaningful human interaction"

so false views? ok

no mention of stemming the tide of human sewage (matched only by pubescent teens high on voilence playing Call of duty) that is the normal comment content?

5. Winkypop Silver badge
    Windows

People READ the reviews on YouTube?

That's like sorting through a garbage can.

I guess some people do that too.

1. Vociferous

Re: People READ the reviews on YouTube?

> That's like sorting through a garbage can.

I don't know, I find it entertaining. For what it's worth, yahoo.co.uk is worse. Youtube's comment section is mainly just juvenile, but yahoo.co.uk's is overrun by neo-nazis and plain vile. If you ever feel the need to learn new racial slurs, or feel that 4chan isn't sufficiently negative and petty, then I recommend yahoo.co.uk's comment section.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Devil

"...or feel that 4chan isn't sufficiently negative and petty..."

Hahahahaha...

2. Don Dumb
      Go

@Winkypop People READ the reviews on YouTube?

That's like sorting through a garbage can.

I guess some people do that too.

Well, Adam Buxton has managed to build a large part of his BUG music video comedy show around reading out some of the Youtube comments, its incredibly funny. I've seen it several times live and the TV show is now on Youtube itself, certainly worth a view - http://www.bugvideos.co.uk/home/adam-buxton-s-bug-tv-series-now-on-youtube-.go

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like