back to article Google's ad-slinging juggernaut gobbles more BEEELLIONS in revenue

Google turned in another impressive earnings report on Thursday, with the giant ad-slinger's revenues reaching record highs both for the fourth quarter and for fiscal 2013. Total revenues for the three months ending on December 31 were $16.86bn, a 17 per cent hike from the year-ago period. And ignoring the impact of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mikel

Nothing going wrong here

Google is at the top of their game right now. They look pretty unstoppable.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nothing going wrong here

I'm getting sick of 'em.

Watched a playlist on YouTube yesterday, between EVERY video was an advert.. One was 11:00 minutes long! :-D

Skipped them of course, but still annoying. Who do these people think they are making me watch this tripe just to get their free service? ;-) Also - I thought the big hoo-haa about Google was that it had some intelligence about it, it's supposed to monitor what I'm up to and suggest appropriate advertising content.

I have a static IP (which thanks to some service somewhere nails me down right to my HOUSE when using these "ip to location" services), and I don't block cookies. They know EXACTLY who I am and where I live.

But they haven't grasped yet, through the gigabytes of history they must have on me that I've no interest in Miley Cyrus or any other teen pop crap. So why do they keep putting adverts up about them? Not ONCE have I shown any interest in her whatsoever! What kind of piss-poor targeting are these advertisers paying for!?

2. Vociferous

This is what happens when you use Linux.

3. 404

Lenovo

Putting a stop state-level procurement of Lenovo products from my end of the world-> damn things are overloaded with crapware... and who knows what else.

:|

4. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Google has ads?

I didn't know that.

Adblock and its ilk to the rescue.

I fully expect that there are trolls at work in the Chocolate Factory trying to make the ads appear despite tools like Adblock. When that day comes, my use of the internet will fall dramatically.

I hate frigging adverts of any kind and on any media. Tivo to the rescue!

5. PAT MCCLUNG

Clerk

Google revenue will continue t grow, but there is a limit to that growth set by the total amount of money that the world spends on advertising. Therefore, the Google revenue growth curve has to "S". Soon.

6. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Devil

So Google is rolling in it

Good for Google.

So, how much did you say Google was paying in taxes ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like