back to article Blighty's tech sector hasn't had it so good for TEN YEARS - report

The British tech sector is booming as growth soars to levels not seen since the glory days of 2004. That's the key finding in KPMG and Markit's latest Tech Monitor UK report, which charts the fortunes of Blighty's technology industry. Analysts found that business activity posted above a crucial no-change threshold for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Godfather
    Meh

Meh....

Don't you just love analysts....and bland vague reports

1. Aitor 1

Re: Meh....

There are way too many people trying to find an IT job.

That is the reason wages are going down.

I guess they want more Indians to go to UK, so they can pay even less.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yep that's why we can't find any decent developers in India for a job destined for India. Too bad the Indian Gov is insisting that it is all done by locals. The runes are saying that this is another Gov IT project doomed to failure. What country are we in again?....

2. tfewster
      WTF?

Or, to look at it another way...The UK is recovering from a FIVE YEAR recession and companies are starting to buy tech again. i.e. the economy allows tech companies to prosper, rather than tech companies driving growth.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Headmaster

"driving growth" is a nonsensical juxtaposition of words created by tea-leaf readers and martini swilllers.

There is "growth" in a very specific sector if there is interest in buying the stuff offered in that very specific sector.

Nothing can "drive growth" except the government pumping in free money like some sort of farmer pumping in growth hormone because he is hellbent on seeing larger hams.

2. Magnus_Pym

For ten years?

since 2005 WOW!. 2005 was great. A real high water mark for British tech ...

... Oh no. That's it. I remember now, in 2005 in was just the same, as crappy and underfunded as always.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like