back to article Clash vet pens 'Don't tase me bro!' ditty

Former Clash guitarist Mick Jones has immortalised in song the legendary "Don't tase me, bro!" arrest of Andrew Meyer, the student who decided it was a good idea to get shouty at senator John Kerry and received a solid tasering for his trouble: According to Reuters, Jones has penned the ditty for his second album with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

"It's gonna go like this - dun-dun-dun... Aaaargh!"

"You suffer - but why?"

2. b166er

Yeah, whatever.com

Fucktheinter.net

3. Andy
    Black Helicopters

scary

The first time I saw that I thought it was pretty funny, but now it's pretty scary.

Why in God's name would police officers who have a suspect in handcuffs on the floor, are kneeling on him, and outnumber him need to use a taser?

And they're not even arresting him for a good reason. He wasn't read his rights or even informed why he was being arrested.

And only one person in the crowd even questioned the police action. That's why the American people are losing their civil rights (like the right to free speech in this example). Nobody cares enough to ask the police "exactly why are you brutally electrifying a suspect who is already in custody". Nobody pitches up at American voting polls because nobody cares.

Is this what America is about?

What makes me boggle is that they pretend to be an innocent victim in the 'war on terror'. It's about time that America takes the "fight for democracy" to its own soil.

4. Lloyd
    Thumb Up

Ashley - ROFL

Genius, I'd completely forgotten that innocuous little Napalm Death ditty.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Not really

Tazing of shouty students is usally top quality entertainment, but this somehow lacked that quality, if he had done something to make him seem threatening or not kept his hands up high, or there were only one or two guards.

The reason I don't enjoy this is it seems he had a point about not being tazed and the fact nothing will change because of this video. If anything it makes it seem resisting arrest while being detained is enough to allow it, so someone in a holding cell could be tazed for refusing to stop kicking a door, situations where it just makes life easier instead of neccessary.

More of a cattle prod than a tazer weapon is the jist of it.

6. Adrian Jooste

Ask only the expected or else!

This is what happens when you ask uncomfortable questions in uh-merica... Land of the Free? I think not.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

suffering shall be relieved

"yeas" - that is obvious an emotionally laden expression of suffering. And it requires some properly managed help to avoid unecessary suffering. You know what they do to horses who suffer due to a broken leg...

8. StopthePropaganda
    Flame

former has been tunesmith

now referenced by many as an expert in law enforcement, crowd control, politics and even electrical weaponry. That's even more unearned expertise than an MBA.

I knew i should've dropped outta high school and became some sort of "musician". Then I could manipulate the opinions of thousands regarding stuff I know nothing at all about! i don't even have to make up an opinion, I'll just follow what my manager hands out on a crib sheet!

Barring that, I could apply my Dissociative Identity Disorder to pretending to be other people on film, and get the mindless worship and financial offerings of a million people like a modern day Prophet and expound on whatever the front company for my movies tells me or my agent to do.

Then, I apply my Monster Ego and go into Politics, using my skills in lying and creating clever, easily remembered/chanted (at protests) sound bites about even more stuff I couldn't be arsed to learn in school!

(or just make a bad powerpoint lecture/sci-fi film, have my viral advertising company call it a "documentary", gin up a Nobel prize and make a few million in pocket change from the same sorts of people who 25 years ago believed we'd all freeze to death)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

You soppy liberals just don't get it

Our boy's are out there risking your life to save their arse and all you can do is criticise them.

Who cares if some scum bag dies as long as an officer of the Law trained in eating doughnuts and drinking coffee says he's a criminal then that's justice.

If it stops just one of our brave officers from break a nail whilst lynching political dissidents then it's worth it.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ StopthePropaganda

Everyone will agree it's good to let off steam sometimes and even Mick Jones might agree with some of your criticism, but really, there's bad art and then there's just cynical bad art worth criticising and Mick Jones' isn't the latter.

So he's not making sparks fly like he did in his twenties - join the club! I'm sure his worst offering is better than Robbie Williams' best.

And if you don't like someone's bad art, then, maybe the best response is to be positive and make your own.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Adrian Jooste

I hate to tell you this, but you forgot the 'joke alert' icon.

12. Openminded Cynic
    Alert

Didn't the Clash already do this?

I Fought The Law And The Law Won?

13. Mike Smith
    Pirate

@David Wiernicki

"I hate to tell you this, but you forgot the 'joke alert' icon."

What made you think he was joking? I didn't.

This topic is closed for new posts.