back to article I'm in: Peter 'Dragons' Den' Jones launches bid to buy out Expansys

Dragons' Den star Peter Jones has launched a £6.1m takeover bid of his electronics retail firm Expansys. The entrepreneur made his move after increasing his share ownership in the AIM-listed firm from 41.4 percent to more than 50 per cent. Jones bought some 110.3 million shares to become the majority owner. This means that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neill Mitchell

Wow

So he's prepared to lose £6.1million then. He should re-brand it Implodesys whilst he's at it.

1. dogged

Re: Wow

I've been mentally referring to them as Expensys for about 3 years now.

2. Vince Lewis 1

not to be confused with

Peter "The Voice of the Book" Jones, who unfortunately is only Pushing Daisies.

3. mark1978

Expansys used to be my first port of call for almost everything. Then they changed the website making everything much more difficult to find, and they put the prices up, I stopped using them and haven't bothered looking since.

4. Gashead

Never trust a man who doesn't wear a belt.

1. Captain Scarlet
      Paris Hilton

Hmm

So you can't trust anyone when they are naked!

1. VinceH

Re: Hmm

No, he said never to trust a man who doesn't wear a belt.

Therefore, naked women are perfectly trustworthy.

5. Buzzword

What's their USP ?

Fifteen years ago, Expansys offered products not available elsewhere, at reasonable prices. Today they just sell the same stuff as Amazon and hundreds of others, without anything to distinguish them.

1. Captain Scarlet
      Unhappy

Re: What's their USP ?

I hate to say this but its the same with the majority of stores now, I am finding more nowadays items ordered and listed are sent from competitors (Which is always weird but hey at least I get what I require)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What's their USP ?

Grey imports it seems, although you don't know that until they arrive in the mail.

6. b166er

I just bought an HTC 8X from Expansys purely because it was the only well-known retailer selling one.

It arrived 4 days later. Anyone know if you can change the back cover? (it's yellow)

7. Sir Barry

"Peter Jones' other assets include the firm that makes the rather yummy Reggae Reggae sauce."

That sauce is absolutely crap, we make better at home ourselves. There has been some bloody good marketing to get that onto the supermarket shelves.

This topic is closed for new posts.