back to article Speaking in Tech: Cloud storage FAIL (as airline loses suitcase)

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Another week in tech, and another banter-packed installment of El Reg's one-and-only podcast. Join your your hosts, Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela for a wrap-up of the week in tech and some insights from special guest Mark Thiele, executive veep of data centre …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomalous Cowturd
    WTF?

Sounds like a bunch of kids...

What with all that sniggering.

A particularly strong batch of weed per chance?

2. OzBob

who is broadcasting from the kitchen?

or surreptiously doing their dishes during the podcast?

1. Knieriemen

Re: who is broadcasting from the kitchen?

I think that was Mark. Makes it a bit more authentic doesn't it?

1. OzBob

Re: who is broadcasting from the kitchen?

Actually, "authentic" and "lazy, unprofessional, & can't be bothered" all sound the same to me. I get some of the guys at work who are "telecommuting from home" on VOIP and I have to listen to the kid throw a tantrum cos it can't watch the wiggles on DVD (seriously!) and the high-pitched screams go on all the way to the bedroom. My question to the guy was "have you asked for a payrise, cos you obviously live in a phone booth".

I want just one conversation on a call at a time, un-cluttered by distraction and to the point. If you are having trouble finding a place where nothing happens, pod-cast from your f**king bedroom.

3. Ian Michael Gumby
    Flame

Irony...

Normally I don't listen to these pod casts, but this time I chose to listen....

While I loathe Boxer and Pelosi,

This is one of the rare occasions that they got it right.

The NSA's grabbing of the metadata from the calls made in the US (Phone #s, timestamp, and duration) and placed in a closed and audited system was in fact legal. See SCOTUS's ruling in Smith v. Maryland.

The irony is that while this upset the podsters, they cooed all about Google's continued invasion of our privacy.

(And no, we have no escape. Even if we don't agree to Google's capturing of our data. )

Clearly semi-intelligent people just not thinking about the world that they live in.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Irony...

You are going to contrast intrusive NSA snooping to the completely voluntary and opt-in snooping Google is doing?

1. Ian Michael Gumby

Re: Irony...

Coming from an AC... you can't really opt-out from Google.

(You can try... but no... they still know who you are... ;-)

Look, Google makes the NSA look like rank amateurs.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

would you

consider putting these on youtube?

1. Knieriemen

Re: would you

We have done a couple of episodes as Google+ Hangouts which are available on YouTube. I'd like to do more in the future. Do you think video is a better media for these discussions?

1. OzBob

Nah, I reckon they just want to see what Sarah looks like (hint: think Janice from "Friends" but with ink)

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Cajoling the stream onto chomeCast under control of android tablet it is tricky. With Youtube it is easy.

Probably safe to forget video unless you're setting fire to stuff or launching space planes ... or anything with robots.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like