back to article Classy Oregon diners tipped waitress with 'crystal meth' – cops

A couple of Oregon diners were cuffed last Thursday night after allegedly tipping a steakhouse waitress an envelope of methamphetamine, the Oregonian reports. Ryan Bensen, 40, and Erica Manley, 37, were chowing down with friends at the Twisted Fish Steakhouse in Seaside, a coastal town some 100km northwest of Portland. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mondo the Magnificent
    FAIL

WTF..

..is that hideous thing tattooed on her chest?

On face value, they look more than a bit dodgy and certainly deserve a mention on "World's Dumbest Criminals"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: WTF..

..is that hideous thing tattooed on her chest?

Looks like her boyfriend on meth ...

2. Oliver Mayes

Re: WTF..

Looks like a pair of skulls on a veiny background to me.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Pookietoo

Re: WTF...

Looks like a poorly executed unfinished version of this.

2. Turtle

How will she do this?

Is the waitress going to have to report the value of the meth on her income-tax forms?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How will she do this?

Since it was turned over to the police, she could declare the value of it as a loss.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Awil Onmearse
    Mushroom

"a meth lab comprising a small torch, batteries and other items",

By that measure, my house is likely a gigantic meth lab, a biochemical plant and a nuclear research facility.

1. JulianB

Re: "a meth lab comprising a small torch, batteries and other items",

I'm now clearing all other items from my house, just to make sure I'm above suspicion

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Black Helicopters

That 3 pack of LED torches I bought from B&Q the other day, which came with 9 batteries, was just for personal use. Honest!

Why doesn't anyone believe me?

1. Jedit Silver badge
        Pirate

"Why doesn't anyone believe me?"

Because it's a ridiculous claim. Do you know how long it would take one person to smoke three LED torches?

2. GBE

> That 3 pack of LED torches I bought from B&Q the other day [...]

You guys do know that in the US "torch" means something different than it does in the UK?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Oops, I'd forgotten flashlight. So what's torch mean in USian? Something like an electric paint-stripper?

I wonder what US kids would make of Jamie and his Magic Torch, the cartoon I watched when I was 5? I'm sure I don't remember any meth labs...

1. Veni, Vidi, Velcro

A torch is either the thing used in the Olympics or it's successor, powered by butane or similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butane_torch

Depending on the fuel source, they can be used for anything from cooking through welding or cutting metal.

5. Anonymous Coward 101

I thought meth was supposed to make you thin?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

We'd need to see the before & after photos, and I, for one, don't want to...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

What?

I thought those were before and after photo's???

Thats two different people????

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the tit tattoo

just oozes class

1. gaz 7

Re: the tit tattoo

oozes something, not sure it's class though

7. Tom 7

482 grams of metamphetamine in her purse

and she was eating?

8. chrishansenhome
    WTF?

Happened to me 15 years ago

In my building live some people who have special needs. Around 15 years ago one asked me for some help in doing something or other DIYish. I helped him out and thought nothing more of it.

At Christmas I found two Christmas cards in my mailbox. One said, "Thanks for your help this year. I'm giving you a little gift." The other card had two rocks of crack in it.

I of course threw them away and thought no more of it. I've dined out on the story many times, though.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Happened to me 15 years ago

When I first move to North London I took my parents to a local restaurant recommended by friends. During the main course, the waiter asked if we wanted "some more cocaine", froze for a few seconds then stutteringly told us he meant "more wine". Since found out that it's common knowledge in the restaurant trade that during particularly busy periods some staff members cope by using coke or speed.

1. Ed_UK

"...the waiter asked if we wanted "some more cocaine""

"I'm fine for cake, Mrs. Doyle."

"Are you sure, Father, there's cocaine in it."

"There's WHAT?"

"Oh, no... not cocaine...what am I on about? No, I meant... what do you call them...raisins."

2. TheNix
      Coat

So that's what happened to them! I meant to leave a couple of Werther's Originals, and in my crack-addled state I must have got mixed up. You should have seen the look on the face of the guy who paid a thick wad of used 20s for some boiled sweets, though - priceless.

No? Fair enough. I'll, er, get my coat.

9. 21st Century Peon

"[...] comprising a small torch, batteries and other items."

That's not a meth lab, that's my kitchen drawer. Either the police are keeping the good stuff a surprise for the trial, or they didn't find anything worth a damn and this is a poor attempt to sex it up for the press.

1. Uffish

Re: "[...] comprising a small torch, batteries and other items."

Police: "Look, you're facing a certain 15 years for running a crack lab or, tell us who you 're dealer is".

10. Bill Gould

But they look so classy. Where did they go wrong? Wait. Probably the meth.

11. Slik Fandango
    FAIL

Breaking Badly

I thought Walter White was a bit over the top with his equipment, when all he needed was a torch!

1. aqk
      Boffin

Re: Breaking Badly

Now, now- mustn't forget the three batteries!

And a handsome young assistant to run down to the 7-11 for more batteries when needed.

I hear the lithium ones work the best.

12. johnwerneken

from oregon, lived in Beaverton

Typical of my former community!

Arrogant, stupid, and stoned.

13. Winkypop Silver badge
    Pirate

Tatts, drugs and low IQs

The unholy trinity.

14. Mark 85

A torch

For those in the UK... here's the kind of torch they had: https://www.google.com/search?q=torch+propane&tbm=isch&source=iu&imgil=wxPuKmcvWjURIM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcQl874muZ66IQm-Uwd-VwgIwTcCWvpX_iPD3AXG-b1KhwmTFk7sUQ%253B500%253B692%253BmzYxQ-YQ8vi_nM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwaterheatertimer.org%25252FHow-to-remove-old-water-heater-element.html&sa=X&ei=cbfPUo-HGoXhoASboICQDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEkQ9QEwAg&biw=1245&bih=716#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=wxPuKmcvWjURIM%253A%3BmzYxQ-YQ8vi_nM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwaterheatertimer.org%252Fimages%252FPropane-torch2-500.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwaterheatertimer.org%252FHow-to-remove-old-water-heater-element.html%3B500%3B692

1. Pookietoo

Re: A torch

You mean http://waterheatertimer.org/images/Propane-torch2-500.jpg ?

This topic is closed for new posts.