back to article Let's-a go: Nintendo shares spike as China says yes to foreign console sales

Shares in Nintendo jumped over 10 per cent in Tokyo to a two-and-a-half year high after China said that it would lift a ban on sales of foreign game consoles. China has forbidden consoles in the country for the last 13 years, but officially announced yesterday that "gaming entertainment" would be allowed to go on sale in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ThomH

You can also imagine quite a bit more of Nintendo's work getting past the censors

Admittedly I own none of the modern consoles but to an outsider the overwhelming impression is that Sony and Microsoft will sell you games where army men direct you where to stand on screen in order to see the next story-boarded explosion whereas Nintendo prefers to promote the 25th iteration of Mario Kart.

2. Mephistro

"...China says yes to foreign console sales"

It's still a mystery to me how China has been allowed to export massively their kit to the rest of the world while keeping in place this and other similar limitations on imports. Corruption? Incompetence?

It's all the same now, we're already screwed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "...China says yes to foreign console sales"

Paranoid about secret messages in games.

Don't forget they block much of the WWW too.

3. wolfetone Silver badge

It strikes me that the Chinese don't like paying for things.

Sounds like heaven to me.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not a big a jump as sony

Whipped Microsoft and Nintendo's ass in next gen launch and just stole CES with their game streaming service to consoles tellies and tablets,,,,

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?cid=33095

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like