back to article Guess what happened when T-Mobile US's boss trolled AT&T's CES party

T-Mobile US chief executive John Legere posed for photos during a surprise appearance at rival AT&T's CES party – and was then reportedly thrown out by security. Cheeky Legere was snapped swanning around the soiree in his usual bright pink shirt that has his company's logo emblazoned on it. AT&T staff then spotted tech journo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ecofeco Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

As The World Turns

Will John find true love? Will Legere use the photos to attempt to blackmail AT&T? Will the security guards turn out be to be secret lovers?!

Tune in tomorrow!!

1. Danny 14

Re: As The World Turns

May be rich but quite a face for radio.

2. Number6

Keeping Score

So far, I think T-Mobile are winning the PR battle. Of course, it hasn't finished yet.

1. Eddy Ito

Re: Keeping Score

In one way the T-mob has it easier since @&T will likely be seen as the proverbial 800 pound gorilla making an underdog of T-mob.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Hah. I was originally just going to say that this would make me more likely to go for t-mobile ... if they had a signal within 200 miles of me. Oh well.

But instead I'm going to say, WTF, Reg, for force-scrolling the "more from el reg" box OVER THE CONTENT when I scroll past a certain point?! Uncloseable?! I had to damn near fullscreen my browser to be able to peer around your damn linkbox. What gives? As if the wretched hegemony of horrid mobile sites that scroll giant menus and shit all over the content constantly isn't bad enough, you guys have to join the, "Welcome to our site; wouldn't you like to read somethiOH YOU CAN'T HAHA FUCK YOU" party?

Grr.

1. big_D Silver badge

NoScript is your friend. Rollover? What rollover?

2. Wize

The reason I use the likes of AdBlock is exactly this situation.

I don't mind text adverts or stationary graphics. But moving graphics or ones that take over your screen is why they are all blocked.

If ever the Reg puts adverts in to the quieter category, I might just white-list them.

1. TitterYeNot

Re: The reason I use the likes of AdBlock is exactly this situation.

Adblock Plus has 'Allow some non-intrusive advertising' enabled by default (for Chrome anyway, I presume it's the same for other browsers' Adblock extension.) You can turn it off if you like.

In theory it should give the best of both worlds - websites that don't use intrusive adverts get their ad revenues, which is fair enough if they're providing useful or interesting content, and those that pull wanky stunts on their readers to increase click-thru get bugger all.

1. Wize

Re: The reason I use the likes of AdBlock is exactly this situation.

It is the same on Firefox and have ensured my allow non-intrusive setting is on.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wild West Spirit

Where have good ol American Western manners gone to? They should have tarred and feathered the un-American T-Mobile punk (he is working for ze germans after all) and mob lynched mackelmore for putting national security at risk. Yippi ka yay !

1. Jorge Lopez

Re: Wild West Spirit

Still the best company out there. I've been a customer for 10 years next month.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Wild West Spirit

I was being sarcastic man.....not making a judgement on T-Mob vs ATT service quality :-)

5. Amorous Cowherder
    Facepalm

All rather silly and quite childish but as the saying goes, "The only difference between men and boys is simply the size of their toys.".

6. TRT Silver badge

It's kind of nice...

that the competition felt in necessary to gate crash. AT&T should be flattered. Pity they decided to get heavy handed - as a potential customer, I'd prefer to believe that the company DIDN'T send in the gorillas at the slightest thing.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So fsckin what?

It's all a case of 'never mind the (lack of) quality, feel the buzz!' The world is turning into a self-licking ice cream cone.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and this is what passes for American professionalism these days? Well done for embarrassing your selves.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What was the event though? where there any confidential briefings or was it just a disco?

1. IglooDude

Disco - or whatever you call Macklemore's music. It's CES, there's nothing confidential going on there - in fact the vendors will say it's confidential only hoping that'll get wider publicity as a "leak" rather than just a normal PR blast.

10. Peter Simpson 1
    Paris Hilton

CES [yawn]

Try as I might, I can't seem to care much about CES. I suppose there's a modicum of productive work done, but to me, it seems like a week-long whirlwind of announcements of products you might be able to buy someday, vaporware, and a lot of pushing and shoving by companies trying to get noticed (they'll worry about offering something useful later).

Oh, and spoiled children masquerading as C-level executives.

11. GrumpyOldMan

Aahhh - just like the good old days...

This reminds me of the good old days when Billy-boy Gates, Larry Ellison and Netscape used to do battle in public. Anyone remember the Netscape/IE parades past each other's offices at launch? Or Bill vs Larry (it was never Oracle vs. Microsoft, I seem to remember) . Those were fun days. Seems like they're back!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like