back to article Ex-Sun mafioso sleeps with the VCs: Netflix guru quits to help fund startups

Top cloud industry veteran Adrian Cockcroft has left Netflix for venture-capital firm Battery Ventures: he'll now help investors spot companies worthy of a slurp from Battery's $900m trough of valley lucre. Cockcroft announced his move on Tuesday, and we're sure that CEOs and CTOs at cloud-oriented startups around the valley …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Written in Sun headlines ..

Is there a contest to see if a whole article can be written in the style of a Murdoch Sun headline?

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Written in Sun headlines ..

You say that like it's a bad thing.

C.

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Written in Sun headlines ..

Style is a personal choice, neutral in the same way that aesthetics is "in the eye of the beholder." That said, the political, social and economic stances exuded by the prominent individuals and publications of Murdoch's evil empire - particularly any rag I've ever read called "the Sun", regardless of country or city - are very definitely Bad Things.

Given the psychological connection between the style and the "needs of the me outweigh the needs of the HEY, SCREW YOU, PROLE! Goddamn forigners! Now where was I?" I can grok the apprehension that some might have in seeing their morning tech news be "sun"-ified.

Eventually, some "styles" get associated with things. How exactly did pink become a "girly" colour? Or mullets gain their notorious negative social connotations? For better or worse, the connection between the writing style and the publications that most frequently employ it are hard to disentangle.

...no matter how fun it is to write (or read) in that style. :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like