back to article Drug dealer demands jail to escape 'unbearable' missus after NYE row

An Italian court has taken pity on a desperate drug dealer who demanded jail to escape his "unbearable" wife. According to La Nazione (in Italian), 32-year-old Tunisian Walid Chaabani was under house arrest in the Tuscan city of Livorno "for crimes related to drug dealing". A New Year's Eve row with his missus prompted the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DV Henkel-Wallace

Now we know why Snowdon is willing to stay in Russia

Find's being on same continent as Obama "unbearable".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Blame?

I've tried for years to get away from my wife, holidays are the worst time, do this, do that, why have you done that? Fix this, fix that, pick that up, put that out, look at the mess, why can't you do what I ask, it was a simple request? What is it with you? How many times do I have to remind you? Idiot, that's not clever is it, have you hoovered, look at the washing up you haven't done.......

At least when I'm at work I get a bit of piece and quiet, 14 years and counting, murderers have got less of a sentence.

1. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Re: Blame?

@AC 07:48 GMT

14 years?! And I thought I was patient. But the ugly thruth is, if you don't try to change the situation, there's only you to blame.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@ Evil..

You're single aren't you.....

Else you would know that this is Male purgatory and is repeated all over the entire fucking cosmos...

ALL women bitch about stuff like this and ALL blokes with female partners know it.. Yet they stay together becuase the bond run deeper than some fucking washing up!

2. oddie

Sadly the only solution is eternal vigilance.. by arguing.. if you don't argue back every time that a partner steps out of line (and this refers as much to men as it does to women) you transfer the 'power' of a relationship to one person only, and whoops.. you're now in an abusive relationship :D

been there, done that, got the scars to prove it. Rolling with the proverbial punches just makes the punches more frequent I'm afraid.

the only thing that works is to stand up and argue whenever needed.. and remembering that 'whenever' isn't 'always'. 'Arguing' can even be something as simple as to tell someone who is trying to be the 2nd driver in a car with one stearing wheel to shut up.

What im saying is that in my experience arguements done right can actually be constructive to a relationship dynamic.

In 25 years time I might come back and ammend this comment with further insight :)

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

You're lucky if you have a partner who will actually argue properly.

Mine couldn't argue the actual issues at hand without insulting me horrendously. Not pleasant experiences.

Guess whether I'm now happily divorced or not.... :)

2. mike2R

Looks like some people here might be interested in this:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/features/reader-offer/reader-offer-fishing-obsessed-wife-avoider-2012112850855

3. drewsup

Whaahhh, call me when get to 20 years! :(.........

4. Fibbles

I'm not going to pretend that the misses and I don't argue, it's just part of being in a relationship and as someone else said it can be (occasionally) productive. However, if you're sick of being nagged to pick up your shit and wash your dishes there's and easy solution: pick up your shit and wash your dishes.

1. Intractable Potsherd
          Happy

"However, if you're sick of being nagged to pick up your shit and wash your dishes there's and easy solution: pick up your shit and wash your dishes." You may or may not choose to do this in a way that makes so much extra work that you'll not be asked/told to do it for another six months, rinse and repeat as necessary. A colleague of mine years ago had this technique down to a tee with any job he didn't want to do.

5. C-L
        Happy

@A.C. - so "At least when I'm at work I get a bit of piece and quiet, ..."

If your wife ever catches you "getting a piece" your peace and quiet may go do the drain!!! :-)

Meanwhile, enjoy.

C-L

2. Grogan Silver badge

Sounds reasonable

It sounds funny when presented like this (yes, it is funny!), but it's about his only smart course of action. He's ordered to remain at that residence, and if he can't stay there for whatever reason, he pretty much has to go in to the police if he doesn't want to be charged with violating his conditions. We don't know his wife, but it's possible that there could be trouble if he stays.

He might have been able to work out an alternate arrangement in court to serve the house arrest, or barring that... go back to jail. I'm not familiar with Italy's court system, but I'm guessing that he'd get a shorter sentence, when the judge amends it to jail instead of house arrest.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sounds reasonable

He's a convicted drug dealer, and his wife is still staying with him? Doesn't sound like he's the one with the worse problem.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

> He's a convicted drug dealer, and his wife is still staying with him? Doesn't sound like he's the one with the worse problem.

I'm sure he was hard-working and honest as the day is long. Eventually, after achieving his dream of marrying a nice girl and setting-up home together... he decided to become a drug dealer. Not.

No doubt she enjoyed the proceeds just as much as he did - and is making his life a misery because he got caught.

1. Vector

I don't know how things are in Italy, but in the US, he'd basicly be saying "I'd rather be a**raped than put up with her."

3. Robin

A Clash of Personalities

If he goes there will be trouble, if he stays it will be double.

1. PassiveSmoking

Re: A Clash of Personalities

Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light.

Surrender now or prepare to fight.

2. FrankAlphaXII

Re: A Clash of Personalities

He fought the law and the law won.....

Or in this case he begged and pleaded to let the law win.

On that note, its hard to believe its been 12 years since Joe Strummer died.

4. Crisp

Couldn't he have waited until she went down the shops?

Seems a bit extreme just to get a bit of alone time!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Couldn't he have waited until she went down the shops?

I recall reading some old Jewish proverb once that went something like "It is better to live on the corner of a roof than to live with a contentious wife".

This is also why we have ice fishing in the frozen, hellish wasteland of Minnesota - you see entire towns being built on the ice of the larger lakes. Towns constructed by men, populated with only men and exist for men to get away from their wives and girlfriends.

5. Elmer Phud

Extra

Should have forced him to stay at home.

Wimp!

6. Arctic fox

Well, you never know.

He might have said to the judge that it was his decision but 'er indoors may have gotten so pissed off with him being around 24/7 that she gave him very little choice in the matter.

7. Doozer

For the doing the dishes, I negotiated and got a dishwasher. I don't mind loading it, I'm actually hostile to other people loading it incorrectly.

I don't mind putting it away when it's hot either.

Cleaning wise, I have a nice butch lady that comes one a week and cleans the whole house for 20 quid.

Washing wise, that's about the only thing I disagree on so I let the missus do that one as I hate folding clothes and putting them away.

In seven years that has worked perfectly for us

80 quid a month for a clean house is better than the arguments.

Just means I get more 'free time' to be dragged about the supermarket and home furnishing stores of an evening and weekend.

Better this than cleaning!

8. All names Taken
    Paris Hilton

I despair about an apparent decline in masculinity

9. Trigun

Deserves it

Normally I'd have some sympathy, but as the guy is a drugs dealer then what they should do is build a special cage in his house, label it 'prison' and let his wife have free visits any time she wants. :p

1. Intractable Potsherd

Re: Deserves it

Yes, because there is nothing worse than a drugs dealer is there? (To be read with sarcastic intonation)

I've lived near known drug dealers. They never caused any problems, whereas men and women* in the same area who were not drug dealers had a police presence several times a year for assaults, theft, criminal damage, TWOC, receiving stolen goods, etc. None of them were actually bad neighbours, but the least of the problems were the dealer and his clientele.

* Some in work and some unemployed. Several households involved.

1. KayKay
        Facepalm

Re: Deserves it

Yep, because a lot of problems are ultimately caused by poverty. They have to steal stuff to get a crust, then they drink to forget their woes, then the arguments turn into loud fights. The drug dealer has good steady income, and has to stay more or less sober24/7 to b able to do business without making mistakes or getting robbed. Having a cop car outside because he lost his temper won't inspire confidence in his clients, either.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. The Vociferous Time Waster

I must be in a minority

I actually like my wife and enjoy spending time with her. Weird eh?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like