back to article BEAM ME UP... twice: No local storage on Transporter Sync

Users of Connected Data's new file sharing and synchronisation Transporter Sync device have been complaining about the mini-Transporter's limitation: there is no local storage. The main Transporter devices have local libraries, but their absence on the Sync means users must store two copies of every file and folder that they …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris McFaul

What does it do then?

If the transporter sync only uses locally saved files, in the transporter file, what does the transporter actually DO. Surely if the files reside entirely on the host computer in a "transporter folder" - then the sharing and synchronization can entirely replicated in software - what does the little puck shaped device add to the mix?

1. Candy

Re: What does it do then?

You connect your existing external USB storage to the Sync.

The issue is that it was originally marketed as being identical to the original Transporter but without internal storage. The website has changed now to subtly indicate the lack of Library compatibility.

2. lnLog

library less of a killer feature, i've bought a couple that i plan on using in combination with freenas and owncloud for backups on a pair of virtual machines.

Then when out of the country i can use multiple drives for local weekly backups. I'e yet to see whether the remote access works with the sync or not.

3. Christian Berger

So what is this thing?

It sounds like a fileserver.

1. Snapper

Re: So what is this thing?

"It sounds like a fileserver."

It sounds like a dead duck!

This topic is closed for new posts.