back to article Yahoo! pulls Alibaba out of hat, posts big Q1 profit jump

Jerry Yang today hailed Yahoo!'s "extraordinary" Q1 results, citing the besieged firm's ability to execute, against a backdrop of economic uncertainty and Microsoft's unwelcome bid to buy the company. And extraordinary they were, as the Yahoo! CEO claims, with net income jumping massively to $542m, or 37 cents a share (Net …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ishkandar
    Pirate

"Or it will kick off a proxy battle to install its own directors."

So, now Microsoft's Panzers will march into Sudetenland, oops, sorry, Jerry Yang's office !! And young Billy Gates will announce that there will be "Peace in our times" !!

Icon on the signboards at the camps, with tall chimneys, outside Redmond !!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

@ Ishkandar

<<And young Billy Gates will announce that there will be "Peace in our times" !!>>

Sorry - keeping the string together - it would not be Gate. The 'quote' is from Neville Chamberlain. (I mean this IS a .uk site!) So "Peace in our times" should come from Google.

Now I need to wipe my hard drive and move before they find me.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Well, well, well...

Now Yahoo's profits (and hence value) have gone up, and Ballmer states they're not going to up their offer or anything.

Ballmer states that Vista is a "work in progress" is bound to inspire hesitancy in buying it, the Vista capable lawsuit thing is up and running again, and the WSUS snafu is bound to bite, and the XP SP3 thing is ticking off their paying customers for being released to the public first.

What's the bet that this all hits Microsoft's share price? Is this the annus horribilis for Microsoft?

4. Laxman

So, excluding a one time charge from Alibaba,

profits are down?? How is that good?

This topic is closed for new posts.