back to article HP multiplies Meg Whitman's salary by 1.5 MEELLION

HP has multiplied chief executive officer Meg Whitman's salary by 1.5 million. Revealed in a December 17th Form-8K filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, HP explains the rise as follows: On December 11, 2013, the independent members of the Board of Directors of Hewlett-Packard Company (“HP”) approved an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Denarius
    Meh

at least some-one in HP gets a raise

without leaving...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: at least some-one in HP gets a raise

Just wait to know how many will receive their pink slips to pay for the CEO new salary...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: at least some-one in HP gets a raise

....... or told that they are leaving.............

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It isn't news when they do it once. If they do it again I'll be impressed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where is this money coming from?

My guess is through a holiday in their pension contributions.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Where is this money coming from?

HP is a big company which even in its current state still makes $1bn a quarter net profit; paying Meg $1.5m a year will not even be noticed amongst the company finances.

Whether it's right that an independently wealthy billionaire SHOULD be paid $1.5m a year when many of her colleagues are being shown the door is a different matter.

1. Tom 13

Re: Whether it's right

Pay should be based on performance not whether or not someone else has money. Employment should be continued based on performance and need, not whether or not the person needs the money.

I've been RIFFED twice and dodged it another time*. It's never fun going through it, but if you keep your wits about you you can land on your feet. This last time it was actually a blessing. I'd been too lazy (and the exorbitant leave [by US standards] was nice) to go hunting for something better but when I had to I landed a better paying job.

*I'd probably have been kept through the resolution of the bankruptcy, but left before the last RIFF before they filed for it.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Whether it's right

All you have to do at HP to "perform" is not make mistakes. You're not doing a brilliant job, just not making choices that fail disastrously.

That hardly warrants a big pay packet. I'm sure even I could keep them on the straight and narrow.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Happy Christmas Meg... all the while HP continue to make cuts... well not so Happy Christmas for those guys n gals.

5. Faye B
    Paris Hilton

Equal Pay

About time a woman got paid the same as a man for a job well done.

Paris, as she is another woman worth 1.5 million a year.

6. Miss Lincolnshire
    Coat

An increase approved by the same Board of Directors that approved the EDS, Touchpad and Autonomy purchases and subsequent write downs equivalent to $30k per employee.

Looking forward to 2014 being another bumper year for Vice President appointments.

Coat because we're all getting them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like