back to article ABC finally brings iView to Android

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has released an Android app for its popular iView video-on-demand service. iView is available on PCs, iOS and several smart TVs. But despite Android's market share surging past that of Apple's iOS, Google's spawn has not yet enjoyed access to the service. That all changed today, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. poopypants

Despite running Jelly Bean on both tablet and phone

"No eligible devices for your app to install"

Must try harder.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Despite running Jelly Bean on both tablet and phone

Maybe you don't have a supported configuration as mentioned in TFA!

Seriously glad I I'm not using Android, it's a mindf*ck just to work out if your device is compatible with anything.

1. MrDamage Silver badge

So in other words, thinking is too much like hard work for you. What the hell you doing on an IT website then?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Or perhaps have better things to think about - you're one of those Linux from scratch types, aren't you.

1. MrDamage Silver badge
            Devil

I'm an "everything from scratch" kinda guy. I don't mind it either, as I know that constant thinking and problem solving is one of the best ways to maintain long term mental health and ward off the effects of dementia in later life.

Those who dont always test their minds are the ones who end up walking around Walmart nekkid looking for their pet dog that died 15 years ago.

So I guess I'll see you in "People of Walmart" in the near future then?

2. Cpt Blue Bear

"Seriously glad I I'm not using Android, it's a mindf*ck just to work out if your device is compatible with anything."

Its not, which you'd know if you ran android. Don't be a dick.

2. Rattus Rattus

"This app is compatible with all of your devices"

Both phone and tablet, downloading right now. :D

About time!

3. Benno

An alternative is the unofficial aView app - been using that while I wait for the ABC to get their act together with an official product.

1. DiViDeD

Can I 'MeToo' Please?

Downloading to tablet and phone as I type. I notice the app has 10+ downloads so far. Another market leader for the ABC then!

4. ChrisInAStrangeLand

You want access to my what?

The permissions are a little crazy. They must be running a few little side-apps for the ASD and ASIO.

5. andro

Cool. Works just fine for me. Looks like 1000+ downloads now.

And it doesnt have any location/gps access. Not sure why it needs to know my account details, or sdcard access though, unless its going to allow download and offline streaming. Which would be pretty cool. Pull down the video via wifi at home then watch on the bus.

6. Chris Reynolds

Flashed Transformer works just fine

Just installed and tested on my original Asus Transformer. Although Asus released up to 4.0, the KatKiss ROM runs faster and more stable than stock. Tested a video for a few seconds and it ran fine. The fibre NBN probably helps...

7. Inflex
    FAIL

Hilariously, despite the Galaxy Note being listed on their compatibility chart, it's not actually letting me install it on the Australian telco edition of the Note ( N7000B )

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like