back to article Asleep on the job: Students dream of GROPING RACKS after darkness falls

Student Cluster competitions at the annual Supercomputing Conference in Denver, Colorado, are marathons. The students who work their magic on the big iron get a set of scientific applications and some data sets, but they have only 48 hours to submit their best results – all while keeping their self-designed clusters under the 26 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Women?

Seems the gender imbalance in this subject hasn't changed much since I was a student.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Women?

Didn't you hear, scientists proved women's & mens brains are wired differently... something husbands and wives have known for years, which means you will never have a 50/50 representation of the sexes in any profession... although I would like to see more women in IT.

1. Tom 7

Re: Women?

The difference in men and womens brains tends to mean that men aren't forced out of the job by socially and sexually clumsy dickheads.

It was Grace Hoppers birthday yesterday!

2. HeyMickey
    Headmaster

how "their" enforced?

s/their/they are/

3. Tim036

Very very short video... like zero.

A vulture glitch I fear !

1. danolds

Video problem?

It's a short video, but longer than zero. It's working fine now - at least it did for me.

This topic is closed for new posts.