back to article Canadian surgeons unmask Vulcan

Canadian sawbones performing surgery on a man's legs had a bit of a Star Trek moment when he began oozing "dark greenish-black" blood, the BBC reports. The being in question had developed "compartment syndrome" - "localised tissue/nerve damage because of restricted blood flow", according to The Lancet - in both lower legs, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jesse Melton

Bad Medicine and the Downward Spiral of Western Health Care

You know what's wrong with the medical trade these days? I do. Too many $3.00 words. Who in the hell can pronounce the things in that article? It shouldn't take a Dr. to tell you that you are fucked if you start bleeding green. Hell, let me have a cut at you and I can tell you instantly if you suffer from sumafuckingthing. I hate Dr's and their words me fuck all to me.

I will die like a viking; drunk, STD infected, and stuck on a sword (or other suitable sharp object). Live Forever, Die Today!

2. Name

Yeah, $3.00 words...

for $3.00 minds, Jesse. If anything, these apparently difficult words are compact ways of telling things. Medicine carries a lot of Greek and Latin terms, deal with it. May I should rant about so many computer science terms being english terms. I guess you would be similarly bothered were the medical terms to be written in Chinese or Swahili.

Of course, the article explaining the terms won't ease your misgivings about it, will it? Next time you find one of those unpronounceable words, ask for its meaning.

A parting shot: it happens the patient wasn't "fucked" because he bled green (at least, not this time) it was a side effect of the medication he was taking. Remove the medication, remove the symptom (oh, another confusing Greek word!)

Please, grow up a bit.

3. Michael Corkery

Jesse Melton

will probably be dead by his 40s. Killed by a fear of "$3" words...

This topic is closed for new posts.