back to article Speaking in Tech: Get an Amazon drone delivered by Amazon drone

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week Ed is out on business while Sarah returns with special guest Amy Lewis of Cisco. Greg doesn't buy the whole concept, while Amy plans to use the hover-postie to toilet-paper-bomb Greg's house... Sarah's take? It …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete 2 Silver badge

Giveaway

Isn't this a case of buy a cheap item and get a drone for free?

How do Amazon intend to recover their drones, their expensive, highly desirable drones, after they've delivered your goods.

Maybe they'll just drop your package down the chimney? (Wherever that idea came from). Just check for smoke emissions first, please.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Giveaway

They'll just drop it on your roof.

But you don't need a drone to do that. Just get Yodel to deliver your parcel. It'll be thrown over a fence or hanging from a tree before you know it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Giveaway

Or UPS... you can pretend it's arrived... (Still waiting, 2 days later :( )

2. Bronek Kozicki
    Megaphone

FFS, please stop droning about Amazon drone!

This is not going to happen (any time soon) so why waste bandwidth and everyone's time with it! There is enough coverage of this nonsense in CNN and other media for "general consumption", I thought El Reg was above that!

3. Rol

I like the idea of an underground tube network. About 12 inches in diameter with pods of goods being ferried from supplier to your home.

After seeing how a car can be targeted with a pulse gun and stopped in its tracks, I can see a growth in drone piracy.

4. Salts

Drone hijacks

Have a look over at raspberrypi.org, some wag has already designed a drone add on to hijack other drones, priceless :-)

5. Beef_Buckets
    Trollface

yo dawg, i heard you like drones so i put a drone in drone so you can shoot at them while you shoot.

6. Rustident Spaceniak
    Devil

I'd prefer a post rocket

Like this: http://www.astronautix.com/astros/zucker.htm

Delivers letters hot! :-)

7. Andus McCoatover
    Black Helicopters

Go on. Have fun. You know you want to....

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5379

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like