back to article Microsoft expands Dublin bit barn to slurp Euro-Data

Microsoft plans to fork out $230m to add a fourth mega datahall to its Dublin bit-barn campus. The expansion was announced on Tuesday and will add a further 20 people to the 80 on-site staff, as well as create temporary employment for 380 building-related jobs. The expansion will add around 169,000 square feet of IT space to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ElNumbre
    Thumb Up

PUE

I'm not overly surprised about Microsoft's PUE which from what I've seen is what you can expect from a well designed 'off the shelf' build-out. Every behind the scenes video I've ever seen suggests Microsoft using such hardware, unlike big G and Facebook who roll their own, with the latter releasing their designs under the opencompute project/brand.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: PUE

Microsoft's power efficiency will never be the lowest as a windows server uses more power to carry out a task than a Linux/BSD server.

And for down voters, I know PUE is the ratio of computing power:support power, but there are other ways to measure DC efficiency, which is why my comment was about power efficiency and MS's lack of it.

2. batfastad
    Joke

"Not only does this highlight the growth in our cloud services business but it also highlights our continued commitment to investment and innovation in paying as little global corporation tax as possible"

There, fixed that quote for you!

* I should say that I have no problem with anyone paying their legal minimum requirement of tax, I do exactly the same every month.

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Coat

In other news....

The NSA quietly announced that they were adding 50 more staffers to their outpost in Dublin.

mines the one with a build in Faraday Cage and Invisibility cloak.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like