back to article NBNCo leak: They would say that, wouldn't they?

Fairfax Media has published a report on what it says is part of the “Blue Book”, advice from NBNCo to incoming Australian communications minister Malcolm Turnbull. I can't speak for the document quoted but the reporter, David Braue, is an old pro who can be trusted and has done well to find himself in front of this document. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

NBN compensation

It's OK, Malcolm Turnbull has promised* that telegrams will be half price until his Fraudband Network is completed in 2019.

* word or warning: a promise from the LNP isn't what you think it is.

2. fuplaya
    WTF?

Doomed to the dark ages

Considering our slide in world ranking of Internet speed tests and the state of most of Telstra's copper the government rejection of FTTH is really making Australia a "banana republic". We will be considered a failed state just like the US soon.....

Was to get fibre within the year only to be lost on the NBN map.....

4K pr0n ..... need I say more.... you were so close..... yet you slipped through my fingers.....

1. Diogenes

Re: Doomed to the dark ages

"Was to get fibre within the year only to be lost on the NBN map"

If you really truly believe that - I have this nice bridge to sell you between the Rocks and North Sydney.

Have friends at Gosford who, according to the maps, were supposed to already have had access, let me just say that that they hadn't even run the draw cables through the pits yet.

All Turnbull has done so far is pull the maps so they reflect reality rather than the ALP reality distortion field.

1. fuplaya
        Stop

How much are you selling that bridge for then ? :)

Yes that bridge of 8 lanes built in the 30s when there were hardly any cars. Nice analogy. That was visionary.

They have already laid the fibre in my street. It was supposed to be connected to the premises within the next year so there was a good chance it would of been done. The guys laying the cable were certainly confident.

I am hoping Turnbull leaked the report himself so the libs can decide to deliver fibre to the premise themselves. After all there stupid policy is really based on them not wanting to credit Labor with any vision. Economically I would be surprised if their solution is not in the same ballpark as FTTP, Projects never run on time or within budget and the fibre to the node is going to have plenty of "unseen" problems which will mean cost blow outs.

Then the eventual upgrade to 100Mbs will be way over what it would cost to build it properly.

The article also says that businesses can buy higher connections now. Although that is true many do not because of the expense. The whole idea of getting everyone connected at the higher speeds was to encourage a digital economy.

1. Diogenes

Yep so visionary that it was spec'd to carry only 4 lanes of traffic and the new railway to Northern beaches. How we'll did THAT work out?

1. BlackKnight(markb)

so we should repeat the same mistake and assume data consumption wont grow past the limited Bandwidth of twisted pair copper can provide?

3. BlackKnight(markb)

You missed the revenue questions, that even the moddest 3.5% projected growth would be "Difficult" with an FTTN build as said businesses would bugger off elsewhere to a decent network. such a low expected return on investment would likely result in the NBNco being unprofitable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like