back to article BT fattens flabby Global Services biz to puff and huff way to £32bn

Falling sales at BT's global services division has forced the company to make a bold shift in its strategy in that part of the business by expanding its investments abroad. The telecoms giant said today that it planned to "accelerate growth" in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. It's one of Gavin Patterson's first big …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Falling sales at BT's global services division"

Well that is hardly surprising is it. The services they offer are often behind schedule or never finished. The majority of their "engineers" are incompetent at best. Their "GSPortal" is often down meaning you can't get to any of the services you have paid a huge amount of money for, oh and did I mention their "engineers" are incompetent at best?

1. envmod

Re: "Falling sales at BT's global services division"

BT very bad etc etc

Change the record mate.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "Falling sales at BT's global services division"

Hey just commenting on the global service guys from experience. I have experienced the non-global guys&gals and they all seem very different and I am not saying they are bad.

So BT Global Services = Bad [the evidence is in their drop in profits]

2. We're all in it together

I'm always positive me

I can't fault them. I like phoning India for tech support. I like it when my billing enquiry is passed to the Phillipines. I like the online ordering portal - especially where I tell it my office is closed Tuesday but they send an engineer anyway. I like the way refunds are held and not paid to me. I like the way they let go their skilled engineers. Their account managers are great. Always trying to sell me more services when the existing ones are awful.

Long live BT!

This topic is closed for new posts.