back to article Apple guru Sir Jony's RED beer can PC raises $980k for AIDS fight

Apple design whizz Sir Jony Ive helped to raise $26m at a massive charity auction for AIDS research. The Sotheby's gala – co-sponsored by U2 rock star Bono and attended by actress Meg Ryan, guitarist the Edge, Chelsea Clinton and chef Mario Batali among others – flogged stuff either designed or customized by Sir Jony and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave 126 Silver badge

> last week's auction included a set of rose-gold plated Apple earbud headphones

They are solid rose-gold, not plated.

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2013/null-n09014/lot.5.html

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

Sir Jony Ive's next design project.

Automated driverless taxi design?

"Jony cab, sir."

3. Fink-Nottle

Corporate Image Monopoly

> Apple CEO Tim Cook cited the AIDS charity work Apple was contributing towards as emblematic of the company's desire to be a "force for good in world."

Your company is associated with a glitzy charity auction. Collect 100 'force for good' points.

Your company is associated with St. Bono. Go to Jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Corporate Image Monopoly

That thing that Bono was looking for.... do you think he's found it yet?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Corporate Image Monopoly

Yeah, it was somewhere in New York, I didn't catch the name of the street though.

4. ColonelClaw
    Thumb Up

That desk is absolutely beautiful, an amazing bit of design. Well worth an image search.

Pity I can't stretch to £1.7m, but I would probably do some serious re-budgeting if it was available for under £2k.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like