back to article Meet the FOUR-TON DINO that made little Tyrannosaurs SOIL THEMSELVES

Before the T. rex held the world in the palm of his tiny, tiny clawed hands, another newly discovered dinosaur was terrorising the planet 98 million years ago. Siats eating an iguanodontian and intimidating early, small-bodied tyrannosauroids. Siats chows down on some iguanodontian and scares the crap out of puny …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Siats is just the tip of the iceberg"

We just don't seem to be able to get off the subject of climate change, do we?

2. Jemma

Ummm

Those cute little greys are the strangest Tyrannosaurs - they look more like dromeosaurs or oviraptors.

I can't see a single recognisable tyrannosaurid feature, although they'd make good pets.

1. veeguy

Re: Ummm

Good pets??? Are you *kidding* me??? Their exercise wheel alone would need to be 150 feet in diameter.

1. Jemma

Re: Ummm

The Tyrannosaurs are the little ones on the right - more to the bloody point did no one else notice the Seagulls?

"I don't think I want to live on this planet any more.. !" Farnsworth, Hubert J.

3. Bill Gould
    Facepalm

How long until either this one or the T-Rex get ret-conned anyway? The brontosaurus never existing according to "new evidence*".

*New as of a few year years ago that is.

1. Chris 244
      Facepalm

A few years ago

110, to be precise. Marsh's error was realised in 1903. Didn't stop the USPS from issuing a Brontosaurus stamp in the 80's.

4. Anomalous Cowshed

WARNING!

He's escaped from his cage in Redmond, Washington! The 4 ton Balmerosaurus Microsoftii (DO NOT BE MISLED BY THAT REASSURING LATIN SOUNDING TERM) is on the prowl, he's out of controllllllllllllllllll!!!

1. Adam 1

Re: WARNING!

He corners his prey and then flings any nearby seating apparatus until death.

5. Euripides Pants

I, for one, welcome our extinct massive lizard overlords...

6. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
    Headmaster

"the first of its kind to be discovered in North America."

So, are we saying there's already been some of these things unearthed in other parts of the world or that this is the first and it was discovered in north America?

/ambiguity pedant

1. Adam 1

Re: "the first of its kind to be discovered in North America."

I think it is just to distinguish it from the 300 tonne deathtoallasaurus that no doubt roamed Australia at the time.

7. loneranger
    FAIL

Utter nonsense

These "scientists" oh excuse me, BOFFINS, are just guessing. They don't really have a clue as to whether it was one million, 10 million, 100 million years, or just 6,000 years. Do some real research and discover the truth about the so-called dating methods used to come up with these astronomical numbers, and you'll be skeptical too.

The Bible is a far more reliable source of information about all things, including the history of the world, and any of these guessers. See the Golden Ratio format of the Bible at www.phibible.org to see exactly why.

1. P. Lee
      Facepalm

Re: Utter nonsense

Obvious troll is...

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: Obvious troll is...

pretty lame as well.

2. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Obvious troll is...

...still effective enough to pick up 23 downvotes, as of this writing. Like rats hitting the feeder bar.

2. Don Jefe

Look here you toolbelt. Whether or not you believe the Bible is a personal decision. But you'd have to be crazy as well as totally ignorant of its past to ascribe any mysterious attributes to the book.

It's thousands of years of the history of ruling class of one poor middle eastern tribe combined with 1600 years of hand selected literature and mythology that's been translated, edited, reinterpreted and politicized. The rest of the material was destroyed, publicly, by the Church. The first 1200 years of the Church were spent destroying all the works they chose not to include in the abridged version. There is no such thing as 'One Bible to Rule Them All'.

You could, and still can, out and create your very own edition of the Bible and claim it to be the one true word of God. No editorial board is going to censure you for doing so. It was never intended to act as the verbatim word of God. That's a fairly recent development. The priestly class has always been the final word on God, the Bible was simply a summarized reference manual for keeping the message consistent and for good quotes.

There's some good stuff in the Bible for sure, but it's fucking insane to say it is somehow magical or contains powers. That's just stupid. It really doesn't help anyone's case when nutters like you are roaming the land and spewing garbage like that.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Dating Methods

Don't suppose yours are very succesful

8. Rol

The Real Truth

Having studied for many years I have concluded Douglas Adams was right.

The agencies that protect us, should be waterboading mice, because we want answers, now!

and the dolphins know more than they're letting on, so waterboard, err, airboard, oh, just subject them to 24 hour skatalite tv, you know, the crap that passes for entertainment these days, they'll crack eventually.

As for the Bible, it was written by mice to hinder our ability to become an enlightened species.

God is to be found in the detail of our universe, not in the subtext of micecreants writings.

Forever and ever

Amen

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. JohnG

Re: The Real Truth

"... the dolphins know more than they're letting on..."

I think the Japanese are dealing with the dolphins.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Flame

Re: the Japanese dealing with the dolphins

Too busy having a whale of a time.

3. Professor Clifton Shallot

Re: The Real Truth

"and the dolphins know more than they're letting on, so waterboard, err, airboard, oh, just subject them to 24 hour skatalite tv"

You might be able to waterboard a dolphin - does anyone here know? (I am thinking marine biologists rather than delphinidaphobes or cetacean sadists).

9. All names Taken
    Happy

Rol for

President

10. earl grey
    FAIL

yes, but....

How does it clap its hands?

1. Don Jefe

Re: yes, but....

Siats doesn't show appreciation. Ever.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apex Predator?

Actually, it was a vegetarian that licked lichen off rocks. They'll discover that in a few years time.

12. veeguy

Finally we have the palaeontological proof we need to justify why American's are a bit on the hefty side. It's *not* our fault, it goes back all the way to the Jurassic period. This creature also no doubt explains the extinction of the "Jurassic All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet"

This topic is closed for new posts.