back to article British visa website goes TITSUP... just before XMAS HOLIDAYS

The UK Border Agency has admitted its Visa4UK website has collapsed after the world and their aunt tried to log on. On its website, the UKBA apologised for any inconvenience to visa-seekers wanting to get into Britain. It advised people to go to a visa centre in the real world if they are desperate to plan their visits. In a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jon Gibbins

It isn't running on Azure is it? They went belly up too this week ...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

get in bed with Microsoft and that's what happens. Don't say you weren't warned UK gov

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Busiest time of the year? I would have thought that while Christmas may be a peak travel time with people coming home from overseas for the Christmas/New Year holdiay (I did when I worked in California for 3 years) it probably isn't a peak time for Visas since the vast majority of people coming home for Christmas will be ex-pats with UK passports who don't need a visa.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Take My Non British Wife...

Or somebody else's.

There must be quite a few non-British wives, maybe children, who want to visit UK for Christmas.

As it happens, we don't, and if we did, we'd have started the visa application process at least a month ago. The days when one got one's visa the next day, or anything like it, are loooong gone.

"Earlier this year, Theresa May, the Home Secretary, slammed UKBA's "inadequate" IT systems for being "incompatible" and unreliable".

She probably regards every non-Brit allowed in as a failure of the system. That's standard-issue attitude for Home Secretaries (of whatever party) and Sun readers.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who settled on the name Visa4UK? I would have guessed it was a scam site. I guess all the good names were already taken.

1. Last Bandit

Same people that brought you phones4U?

4. William Boyle

Another ACA snafu?

I suppose the developers of this web site were the same/associated with the fools who "developed" the Obamacare ACA (Affordable Care Act) web site here in the USofA?

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    FAIL

Perfect time for an upgrade because noone *ever* leaves their visa renewal to the last minute.

You f**kwits.

I'd call it un-f**king-believable but I've heard stories of UKBA PC's taking 30 minutes to boot (no I cannot explain it either).

1. James O'Shea

Re: Perfect time for an upgrade because noone *ever* leaves their visa renewal to the last minute.

Oh, I can believe it.

I can also believe that they have machines that take a half-hour to boot. I once did some consulting work for some boys who had ancient Win NT 4 systems which took that long to start. I made sure to get my money up front.

6. codeusirae
    Facepalm

Whoops ...

F5 BIG-IP unknown 21-Nov-2013

F5 BIG-IP Microsoft-IIS/6.0 20-Nov-2013

link

7. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Headmaster

CHRISTMAS AND ITS HOLIDAYS ARE STILL A MONTH AWAY

Either this is an article from the future, or people are slacking off early.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

VISA? Down?

Anonymous strikes again!

Oh wait.

9. Jon Gibbins

Unsure why the thumb down on my post regarding Azure. Merely stating a fact that a fanboi can't face, it seems.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like