back to article Stolen CREDIT CARD details? Nah... crooks desire your PRIVATES

Prices on underground cybercrime marketplaces are dropping, with credit card details now in less demand than the personal data of individuals, according to a new study. And even personal details and bank account credentials are getting cheaper to buy on underground hacker markets, according to a study by Dell SecureWorks’ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

10,000 infected PCs down to $160

Hmm, if I was not so ethical than that seems competitive with Amazon, etc, as a compute machine alone...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 10,000 infected PCs down to $160

Sounds cheaper than building your own bit coin mining rig

2. Kaltern

I kinda wonder how many of these ID fraud victims had the latest Internet Security suites installed, with whatever it's version of Anti-Cyber-Crime-ID-Theft placeb..... I mean system is in place...

Of course, I'm not suggesting that some of those victims don't practice safe surfing... and some ID theft is probably not even PC related, but lets be honest here, the vast majority of these thieved identities are going to be via trojan or other PC related attack.

Even the article mentions FUD, which kinda makes these identity protection system highly questionable.

But then, I have a slightly dim view on a lot of these 'complete' internet security suites.

3. Velv
    Coat

"The preferred payment method for the many and varied services for sale through cybercrime bazaars has switched to either BitCoin or Western Union money transfers"

What! You mean to say they don't take Credit Cards ????

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If they did accept Credit Cards, fraud recursion would crash the internet!

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Coat

So, even crime doesn't pay anymore ?

5. Ian 55

If someone wants to pay me $15 to $25 for my birthday

I'd tell them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like