back to article Google and Yahoo! 'move closer' to ad wedlock

Pleased with its test of Google's ad engine, Yahoo! is considering a more extensive partnership with its search rival/large weapon against Microsoft. Citing "people familiar with the matter," The Wall Street Journal reports that Yahoo! has "moved closer to outsourcing its search advertising to Google." According to the these …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tim Bates

Good news then

This has to be the best news on the whole MS wanting to buy Yahoo thing... I hope they sign very long contracts with little way out of them ;-)

I don't really care for Yahoo that much but I do use some of their services. MS would almost certainly break the likes of Flickr and the Yahoo Groups. Probably to make it more "user friendly".

2. 4a$$Monkey
    Thumb Down

Is it really good news?

I'm not sure what's worse a yahoo owned by MS or an even more powerful Google. I'm edging towards the prior as Microsoft's attempts to take on Google will most likely fail and they appear to be on a slippery slope to irrelevances anyway.

3. Geoff Mackenzie

Well, I'm really rooting for MS on this one

Buying Yahoo (especially with long ad contracts with Google) would probably cripple them.

4. Sam Therapy
    Coat

Will this one be called...

Goohoo! or Yahoogle?

5. Jay
    Coat

I can see it now...

A yodeler atop a hillside, running for his life as the almighty Ballmer tosses chairs at him like an angry gorilla atop an unfinished building. A chair strikes him in the back of the head, and as he tips over the mountain he exlaims...

"YA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-GLE"

Just realized I could have 3 different icons here. Oh, and my jacket.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like