back to article Microsoft: Play hookey on Xbox One day - chug a dose of ZOMBIE FLU

The Microsoft Xbox One team has drawn up a draft sick note for layabouts hoping to take Friday off work to play with their new games consoles. If you simply can't think of a good reason why you can't make it into the office, or log in remotely from home, tomorrow, Redmond bods have a template doctor's letter for you. Sadly, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ponderous marketing - again

Why is every MS marketing campaign so laboured and unfunny? "I'm a PC", anti-iPhone ads, Scroogled campaign, this... It's like watching Dad Dancing at a wedding. Does it play any better in Seattle than elsewhere in the world?

1. Hoe

Re: Ponderous marketing - again

MS Only do comedy by accident, usually on Windows launches when they have hundreds of press and TV camera's watching for that famous BSOD or otherwise amusing failures.

They sometimes do comically annoying and comically stupid too, say losing a Start Button or something, but that's about it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds about right.

MacDonalds is going to be light on staff tomorrow.

1. ThomH

Re: Sounds about right.

This is Bill & Melinda Gates' other contribution to world health.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sounds about right.

"MacDonalds is going to be light on staff tomorrow."

I doubt it - I don't think the Xbox One covers the required African and Asian languages yet....

3. PaulR79

Death to achievements!

I've felt this way since the XBrick introduced them to games en masse. Why does every single fscking game have to have achievements?! Are people so starved of attention and desperate for praise that they need achievements for doing anything? What happened to playing the game and enjoying it without some seemingly endless quest for more achievements?

Achievement unlocked - Apathy!

4. Zot

Oh grow up and shut up Microsoft, FFS.

Tthe eccentric sounding "Major Nelson" is giggling at his own jokes with his minions somewhere in fusty MS towers. Can someone please open the windows and let some fresh ideas in?

Wow, I'm being very unfair, but it's strangely fun with MS. : )

5. Sebastian A
    Thumb Down

So Microsoft's marketing team

still don't believe that women play games?

edit: Nevermind. Looks like that's the default form and it gives options to change various things such as the affliction being suffered and the sex of the patient.

But yes, it feels very forced and certainly makes me think no better of the X-Bone or MS in general.

6. MJI Silver badge

But we need the 29th off

For when we get our new console

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like