back to article Google rolls out fibre to 3 million Ugandans: Ni marungi*, nyan cat

Ad kingpin Google is flashing its talons in Kampala, Uganda, where it has built - in its own words - "a super-fast, high-capacity fibre network to enable any local mobile operator or ISP to connect more people" in the African city. It makes altruistic claims about supporting a "new crop of entrepreneurs and innovators", as …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. thesykes

Will all those poor desperate people in Nigeria, who really need our help to repatriate all those millions, now move to Uganda?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And all their info will be "backed up" onto American servers where copies will make their way to various US Gov. departments.

3. GaryDMN

Coming soon

My father was a Ugandian prince, there is $1 million dollars in a hidden account that I can't claim, but you can. Please send me your banking information to xxxxx@gmail.com

1. Hoe
      Facepalm

Re: Coming soon

Hello,

Yes um, I sent the details to "xxxxx@gmail.com" but all I got back was dirty images?

Please help!

Your truely.

A. Reit Ard.

2. Rukario
      Trollface

That's not plausible:

(1) it's spelled correctly, and

(2) it should be $1,000,000 (ONE MILLION US DOLLARS) - note the ALL CAPS for the dollar amount.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

A real Ugandan prince used to work in sales at The Reg.

4. chris lively

They have phones? And computers you say? I guess wonders never cease.

5. Splodger

<phonejacker>

"Hello sir, I am calling you from your bank..."

"Er,... whose bank?"

"Your bank."

</phonejacker>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like