back to article Possibly EXPLODING or GLORIOUS Comet ISON: The (GIF) MOVIE

Retired teacher Bruce Mellin in the US has snapped a few shots of comet ISON on its way towards its potential doom or glory at solar perihelion later this month. Comet ISON Using the Harvard-Smithsonian MicroObservatory's "Donald" remote robo telescope in Arizona, Mellin grabbed some low-res images of the comet, which the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Patrick Moody

As any fule kno

The g in gif is pronounced the same as the g in graphics, since that is what it stands for (graphics interchange format)

1. Tom_

Re: As any fule kno

But 'graphics' comes from the word 'giraffics' as the first image on a computer screen looked a bit like a horse with a very long neck.

2. Richard Tobin

You can't determine pronunciation from etymology.

1. wobblestar

What have INSECTS got to do with any of this?

1. NomNomNom

it's pronounced jif, hence why that cleaning product manufacturer got sued by the internet authority a few years ago and had to change the name of their product

1. Benchops

Only concentrated jif was infringing on the compression algorithm patent.

2. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

"it's pronounced jif, hence why that cleaning product manufacturer got sued by the internet authority a few years ago and had to change the name of their product"

How did the plastic lemon / squeezy juice company get away with it then?

1. NomNomNom

look up the bilderberg group and building 7

3. Annihilator
      Boffin

By the same token we should be pronouncing CMOS as "Kih-moss" instead of "see-moss". As above, etymology doesn't define pronunciation.

Although it's definitely gif, not jif.

2. Tommy Pock

We've done this.

Inventors should not be allowed to name their own inventions.

"Because it is submerged in a marine environment, I call it the going-under-the-water-safely-device."

Leonard of Quirm

3. Tom 7

Is this Lukes brother

or is Skywater no relation?

Tried to spot it this morning - brilliant moon, lots of cloud, thunderous hail followed by clearing sky just as sun came up.

Cold and bright coming tho!!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Using the imaging program "Picasa" with Infrared and High Definition Resolution, Boost the photo shows a different picture.

Ison has company surrounding it and following it collecting gas and materials released from it as the Sun intensifies it's fracture.

The Crafts surrounding Ison are the same UFO's we have seen hundreds of times in NASA Shuttle Mission and images from the Space station. They are Semitransparent disks that pulse with a hole in the center and a Notch in the rear.. These are the same craft seen in the dramatic images taken by NASA's STS 75 Shuttle Mission during the Tether Science Project. These craft are from 1/4 mile up to several miles in diameter, the reason I found for the UFO's transparency is a coil creating an electrical field covering the crafts exterior. This deflects the visible light emission collected by cameras during photography or to the human eye.

This is why the UFO's images seen from the Space Station and NASA Shuttle missions look semi transparent but they can not hide from Infrared, Thermo and X-Ray. The Craft have characteristic to prevent visible light distribution of electromagnetic radiation emitted by these particular objects.

These craft seem to be swimming around Ison, some of the larger craft are directly in the tail of Ison and look to be collecting selected materials. Scientists could preform the same process that I used to examine the images.

1. BlueGreen

"Scientists could preform the same process that I used to examine the images."

or you could politely save them the effort and put up your evidence, showing the 'craft', somewhere public where they and we could review them.

(was going to sign off calling you a nutter, but who knows, I prefer to leave an open mind)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "Scientists could preform the same process that I used to examine the images."

Why don't you check yourself? The imaging program "Picasa" can be found on the web for free or one similar. I don't care to publish the images and have you and other with no understanding of scientific Photographic processes take "pot shots" at me. Ison is a very special Comet and must have large value for the aliens to allow themselves to be observed in the process of collecting atoms.

If scientist wanted to they could take images of UFO's from around the world and outerspace and determine that they are real. The problems lies in the fact that all the High I.Q. and High information Individuals are ready know they are here and that the gov is covering up.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: "Scientists could preform the same process that I used to examine the images."

You're a few AAAAIII and xxxxCONSCIENCE from AManFromMars.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@AC 20:42

Hmm. I see Picasa also has face recognition. Could you do a batch processing job? Chuck a load of photos at it, tell it to zoom in automatically on the ships' windows and spit out a report when finished telling you how often it spotted Greys, Reptilians, Elvis, Nordics and so on?

2. pierce

yeah, its amazing what you can 'see' when you amplify noise.

3. Winkypop Silver badge
      Alert

Poe or troll

You decide...

5. Stevie
    Mushroom

Bah!

"the man who quietly appropriated Unisys IP to build it, thereby precipitating all sorts of trouble a few years later when the truth became known"

I fix it for you Meestair Fawlty.

Who cares how some old geezer who was important when radios had valves thinks it should be said anyway? He probably likes his "s"s to look like upside down fishhooks as well. Doesn't mean we should all learn Latin or only use petrol with lead in it.

8op 8ob 8op (Thrrrrp )

6. MacroRodent

I hope ISON makes it

Still smarting from comet Kohoutek...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like