back to article UK Wii Fit pre-orders cause shortage

The UK's will to lose pounds and get fit through videogames is so strong that the much hyped Wii Fit has sold out even before going on sale. The title, which will be released in the UK on 25 April, sees gamers use a wireless Balance Board that contains pressure sensors to detect their movements during over 40 different muscle …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Jones
    Thumb Down

Her We Go Again...

And I wonder how many of those pre-orders will be appearing on eBay on launch day (or even before) at fantastically marked-up "Buy it Now" prices?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Consumers == Braindead Zombies.

But have you seen these people who are using the stair-master? Huh? Have we turned into gerbils ladies and gentlemen? People are paying money to go into a health club and walk up invisible steps over and over again for an hour and a half. "Where are you going?" "I'm going up! And I paid for it too! I can stay here as long as I want!" Folks, you wanna go up and down stairs, move into a fifth floor walk up on the lower east side. Ok? What's next? A fekking chair master!? "I sit down. I get up. I sit down. I get up. I sit down. I get up." The door master. "I open the door. I close..." What the fek?

3. Ryan Greenaway
    Coat

@AC

OOOOOHHHHH Tetchy!!!

Could it be that people nowadays need stimlation while exercising. Some don't like sports etc. I'm no great advocate of the gym or computer games to keep people fit but if it works and people stay at it because it works then great. If others prefer to play football or somethng then great. Whatever, I'm sure people playing football once a week will pay more in "subs" and fees in one season than you'd pay for Wii fit, so go figure.

Mines the one with the copy of "Everybody's free to wear sunscreen" in the pocket!!!

4. Demian Phillips

@AC

I suspect that for lonely types (or those who are lonely domestics) it's hard to get motivated alone and interaction provided by something like Wiifit keeps it from being too boring.

As for "I sit down. I get up. I sit down. I get up. I sit down. I get up.".

Isn't that a song by Chumbawamba or was it some grand old Parlamentary funk?

5. edge_e

Clearly people should get out more

Or watch more youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like