back to article Pile of fanboi cash taking up space in garage? IPHONE UNDERTAKERS are keen to help you

A crafty group of "upcyclers" are looking for funds and phones to start their recycled iPhone craft project and, er, presumably sell it back to you. So if you're struggling to "start a conversation" with a fellow fanboi, this might be for you. An American firm has launched a bid to turn smashed iPhones into "interesting" bits …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or people could pay Apple about £120 and get a new phone as a family member just did with a iPhone 4.

1. LarsG

Naff

Pretty naff stuff though, isn't it.

A bit like Dell Boy pretending and reinventing himself as an artist, lovely jubbly, roll up roll up genuine crap for sale.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>Or people could pay Apple about £120 and get a new phone

If it's smashed up perhaps, but 'New Lamps for Old' is mostly an Apple scheme to get people to sign away the 6 year statutory warranty iPhone's have in the UK. Next time opt for the free repair.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Or people could pay Apple about £120 and get a new phone as a family member just did with a iPhone 4."

"family member" You're too ashamed to say who?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The new Applecare+ for the iPhone now includes 2 incidents of accidental damage over the 2 year cover period so might not as many smashed up ones available. They may be better asking Apple for the smashed up cases for all the ones they refurb.

3. RISC OS

upcyclers and nontrepreneurs rejoice...

...kickstarter is here to help you fund your stupid "startup"... even though some people should be told by their friends that their ideas are stupid... like this project, or even this one: https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body

4. Robert Grant

This is a bit like Apple

Except they sell it to you after it's been inevitably dropped :)

5. Goat Jam
    Coat

Oh Dear

That is some seriously ugly tat.

So, how much are they paying you to take that stuff off their hands? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere in the article.

6. Mondo the Magnificent
    Alert

DAFUQ

Did I just see?

Seriously now, who would by a table, clock, photo frame or jewellery made of obliterated iPhones?

Obviously someone would, but I agree with Goat Jam, that is "seriously ugly tat"

Sadly someone, somewhere want's to capitalise on those with careless hands and zero taste...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now thats a "I'm Sad" badge if ever I've saw one.

Tragic people!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like