back to article BT Openreach boss QUITS to quench ambitious thirst

BT's Openreach boss Liv Garfield has quit the one-time national telco just two months after Gavin Patterson took over as CEO of the company. She is to become chief of a FTSE 100 water firm - Severn Trent - after steering the telecom giant's £2.5bn commercial deployment of fibre cabling, mostly via BT's existing copper lines, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should fit right in...

... as neither company gives a fuck about end-users.

Give Openreach their due though, they haven't been successfully prosecuted for fraud unlike Severn Trent.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can she...

...arrange for my 1Mbs broadband connection to be improved before she leaves?

3. b166er

Let's hope she's better at distributing water, or some parts of the UK will see a drought for the next decade.

4. theloon

yep thats right she managed a deployment of "fibre broadband"...over COPPER. !!

I wonder if she will also be pontificating at her new job, as at BT she was rumored to have once pronounced in a meeting she would "be taking that (some issue) to Number 10"

What a wonderful sense of overblown self importance exists with these execs...

Oh she will be missed. lol

5. Crisp

Severn Trent

I walk past three Severn Trent leaks on my way to work every morning. They have been there for at least 2 years.

Unless Liv Garfield is handy with a wrench, I don't see Severn Trent's shareholders gaining anything from this.

6. Anonymous Blowhard
    Pint

Arse!

This probably means I can now look forward to "up to 10 cubic metres per day" of water, only to get a couple of litres.

7. Bobthe2nd

"Our commercial programme to bring fibre broadband to two-thirds of UK premises is almost complete, whilst BT’s public sector broadband partnerships are making good progress," Garfield said.

Would love to see the real stats... it feels like a mighty big one third... damn lies and statistics

8. Andy Livingstone

What chance?

She will help them keep water out of those damned street cabinets and let Outrage use them instead?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Further proof...

...were it needed, that Openreach is the unloved ginger stepchild of BT.

1. FrankAlphaXII

Re: Further proof...

My understanding of British telecommunications companies is limited, but I don't think BT would be too happy with being forced by the Government to let their competitors to use their network, or supportive of the company that enables it beyond whatever the law requires.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like