back to article HAUNTED HOWITZERS, it’s Call of Duty Ghosts

It’s a final stand for the current generation of console hardware as we go on patrol with the latest release in the increasingly tired Call of Duty series, Ghosts, but have a much more entertaining time with A Link Between Worlds in the latest Zelda game, and get to grips with the Big Bad Wolf in Fables: The Wolf Among Us. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Single player campaign

is at best, Meh!

Cant comment on the MP side of things.

Battlefield 4 is simply a better single player mission and as i have said before Farcry 3 blows them all out of the water....

Fortunately, with a few minor exceptions there are numerous other FPSs on the 360 to keep at least me amused for a few more years...

1. Kris Akabusi

Re: Single player campaign

I haven't played COD:Ghosts but if you're saying that the single player campaign is better on Battlefield then it must be dire. I bought Battlefield and thought the single player was one of the worst FPS games I've ever played, the story was boring, the characters forgetful and the graphics a bit meh.

Played it online and it was alright but I may be the minority but I buy these games for the campaign aspect, the multiplayer is something to look into when I've finished the story. I'm struggling to remember the last few COD games story wise, the last COD games I really enjoyed was COD3 and MW.

Did Activision say they were done with WW2 stories now?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"as i have said before Farcry 3 blows them all out of the water...."

In what way....????

1. h3

2nd worst DRM in the known universe

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Ok, to answer. Weapons, more and better. Ability to set up some devious traps and ambushes.

AI, way better...

Re-playability. COD can be finished in a matter of hours, you try finishing farcry3 in a few hours. Once you complete the story quest you have 30 odd enemy encampments to attack. THAT keeps you coming back for more...

Graphics, better (OK FC3 does have a few anooying glitches but nothing too bad).

In almost every way except the marketing blurb, FC3 just whoops COD..

Also, as its now a year old its available for less than COD...

try it, you wont be dissapointed.

2. Great Bu

I've had cheaper prostitutes !

£19 for 90 minutes ! FFS !

(Admittedly, as with many other aspects of life, with cheap prozzies you get what you pay for....)

1. Longrod_von_Hugendong
      Facepalm

Re: I've had cheaper prostitutes !

I am sure the rozzers will be around soon to ask you about that...

1. Great Bu

The rozzers can find their own cheap prozzies !

2. MJI Silver badge

£19 for 90 minutes!

I will settle for 50 or so for £4 (Far Cry 3 on PS+)

120 for £20 (Fallout NV with all DLC)

1000 for @ £70 (Killzone 3, multi player DLC, Navigation controller also used with a few other games)

100 for £15 (ME2 in a sale)

Even got 70 hours or so out of TLOU so far

3. cjohnson
      Alert

It's actually £19 for the whole 'season' of five 'episodes', only the first of which has been released...

1. MJI Silver badge

That's better value thanks

3. Jedit Silver badge

Don't bother reading Fables

It turned into a load of tedious crap long ago after the end of the first main arc, and it's coming to a close next year anyway. Read The Unwritten instead.

4. dougal83

Reliability?

How is COD:Ghosts bugwise? I've got BF4 with premium and it's crashing every 5-15 minutes for me with bugs that should have been resolved pre-release(directx receiving malformed instructions from game engine). I'll not buy another EA game now as £85 for a single game and it does not reach my expectation of a game that is release candidate material. Anyone got both games to compare?

5. Jerky Jerk face

What a [non] surprise.

The newest FPS, looks like an FPS plays like an FPS and is just as boring as an FPS.

The gaming industry needs a new "thing" to lead with for a few years before returning to beat this old horse of a game.

Can we has more half-life and portal games again please? :)

1. MJI Silver badge

Seen some multiplayer footage on a XB1 and to be honest it looked all rather pants.

So called next generation but still 720p.

More partical effects and better graphics on some of this generations games,

I am just glad I never bought into the hype.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like