back to article 'Scientists are coming to space with USBs which are infected'

This was the week when marketing for new games consoles the Xbox One and the PS4 really went into overdrive. Microsoft are hoping to steal a march on Sony by getting its Xbox out a little earlier, but hit a bit of a snag when some of the consoles went out way too early. The Ones are supposed to ship on November 22, a week …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. codeusirae
    Facepalm

@Microsoft Virus©

@Microsoft Virus©

2. frank ly
    Happy

Winter is coming

So is Black Friday.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Black Friday ain't a cause to smile

Think of the retail workers who should be with their families for Thanksgiving.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Swarthy

Re: Black Friday ain't a cause to smile

What does Black Friday have to do with how retail employees spend the preceding Thursday?

I agree that shops being open on T-Day (US) is not a good thing, but that has little to do with the comment above.

And where the heck is the edit button? I have not seen it yet. and the "Make it better" link just allows me to withdraw the comment, not edit it.

Unless El Reg is saying something about the quality of my posts.....

3. Stuart Halliday
    Facepalm

NASA IT staff should be sacked and replaced with real IT engineers.

4. David Pollard
    Joke

"Scientists are coming to space ... infected"

It's not the end of the world if they take a virus up with them. The problems will start when they bring one back.

5. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

They specify Windows machines aboard ISS

They specify Windows machines aboard ISS, I thought the Russians had been using some Linux or BSD. Anyway, it seems the current supplier for the US side at least supplied machines with XP (for personal use.) The ones for any control use run Solaris. Since XP is going out of support, the vendor plans to replace the XP systems with Debian.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If they're taking USB sticks into space to bring data back..

wouldn't they be better off using dropbox?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like