back to article Who's hogging Amazon's cloud CPUs? I'll kill 'em ... oh, look, it was me

No one trusts the cloud, not even people who have built their businesses entirely on it – or so Amazon has indicated with a new tool that reveals how individual Amazon Web Services systems are being accessed. For organizations that have sat themselves in Bezos & Co's cloud, the web bazaar announced a new security utility …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

Frankly ...

As a corporate IT recruiter, I routinely shred resumes/c.v.s that list Amazon or cloud (google, et alia) as part of the "skill set". Those sheep aren't worth employing.

1. Oliver Burkill

Re: Frankly ...

People list it, because employers ask for it.

1. jake Silver badge

@Oliver (was: Re: Frankly ...)

Did you not see where I wrote "As a corporate IT recruiter"?

If your prospective employer is asking for it, shun them. It's for your own good.

2. Khaptain Silver badge

Can you give a good reason as to why they are not worth employing ? I presume that it is not their only skill set and in general most people list all, or a good subset of their current skills.

Are you really a "Corporate IT Recruiter" , you appear to have a very negative attitude which doesn't really fit in with the requirements of the job.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Are you really a "Corporate IT Recruiter" , you appear to have a very negative attitude which doesn't really fit in with the requirements of the job."

Of course he is, he is Jake

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That simple-minded approach fits very nicely with what most people think of as the typical Recruiter's skill set.

2. Dave Harvey
    Big Brother

Bet it doesn't log access by NSA etc.

More generally though, will there be an administrative "don't log anything I do" privilege?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And for their next trick...

a log analytics tool to kill off all those pesky startups?

4. Peter Gathercole Silver badge

In it's true meaning...

...I'm sure that if you really do, you don't need a tool to grok the information!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like