back to article Storage upstart Coho Data decloaks from stealth, slurps $25m

Ex-stealthy startup Coho Data, developer of a “flash-tuned scale-out storage architecture designed for the private cloud that delivers unparalleled performance at public cloud capacity pricing,” has collared $25m in B-round funding. The round was led by Ignition Partners with original investor Andreesen Horowitz contributing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. M. B.

Oh look!

Another one! How cute.

The orange is a nice touch.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Exactly my thoughts

How many of these basically identical startups are there out there?

Is their aim to slurp some funding and then get bought out by the likes of IBM, CISCO.

The owners take their mulah and repeat the whole thing again.

Frankly I gave up after I think it was the 10th "Unique" Storage Company to emerge.

NOTE to El Reg Editors

We all know you love this stuff dearly buy come on, enough is enough!

Unless any more have a really compelling USP then I'll pass in the future.

As for the colour it would need to look like Mr Blobby to make me even mildy interested. After all these things are hidden away in some DataCentre somewhere aren't they?

1. dan1980

Re: Exactly my thoughts

@Steve Davies 3 - "Is their aim to slurp some funding and then get bought out by the likes of IBM, CISCO.(?)

Yes.

2. Slumberthud

They could make a mint if they painted those bezels to look like bacon.

3. thegreatsatan

rebranding isn't coming out of stealth

This is just convergent IO re-branding as COHO Data.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Christ that's expensive. It all sounded really good until I saw the price. They won't succeed with aggressive pricing like that.

This topic is closed for new posts.