back to article PC rivals weep while Lenovo dazzles with Q2 box-shifting numbers

If the HP folks in Palo Alto were hoping to see a chink in Lenovo's armour on its latest quarterly financials they will be sorely disappointed - a double-digit growth fest was banked by the Chinese dragon AGAIN today. The company has its portfolio limitations but it made the most of the sectors in which it operates to push up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You know why they shifted boxes. Systems pre-downgraded to Windows 7 and supplied with Windows 8 recovery disks for numpties who like the thing.

1. Ragarath
      Coat

Who you calling...

A numpty? Oh... Yes I will get it.

(was not sure on the Troll or Coat icon. decided on the later.)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Numpties? Fuck you!

I run windows 8 on a Lenovo ideapad, and it's actually pretty good. Works as a dev laptop in the week, runs vs 2013 and iis no worries, then it's my weekend browsing/watching videos tablet. It lasts me all weekend without recharging, works fine in touch mode or with a keyboard and touchpad, sleeps in a couple of seconds, wakes pretty much instantly. Maybe the closed minds who refuse to even consider that windows 8 might be ok are the numpties?

2. Lottie

Phones

I keep hearing about Lenovo phones.

Do they not sell them in the UK or have I just been really unobservant?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Phones

There are plenty available from Amazon or on Ebay.

Just not from CPW or outher equally crappy retail outlets who really only want to sell you top of the range devices (Sony, Samsung or Apple)

1. Lottie

Re: Phones

Me being unobservant then :-)

To be honest, I've only really been looking at the phones that my carrier stocks. Maybe it's time to go down the "buy my own phone and get a sim only contract" route.

Assuming, of course, that they're as robust as their laptops seem to be.

3. Mikel

3-5% margins

Woo hoo! Raking in that money. If all these guys are so smart why do they have to work this hard for a buck?

4. ecofeco Silver badge

Lowballing?

Or maybe they don't have quite the executive overhead everyone else does?

5. mhenriday
    Holmes

Let me get this straight -

Lenovo ups «year-on-year revenues 13 per cent to $9.8bn, with pre-tax and net profit up 30 and 36 per cent respectively to $265m and $220m» and HP's Jos Brenkel claims that they've been «low-balling prices» ? After Mr Brenkel stops gazing at those high-hanging grapes, which no doubt are very sour, indeed, he might want to consider «low-balling» prices on some of HP's products....

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like