back to article I survived Spiceworld 2013, heat and all: Here's how I did it

My second Spiceworld has wrapped up. I've safely returned home to Edmonton, trading the smothering humidity and overwhelming heat for a far more civilized 15cm of snow. This year's Spiceworld has some differences from the last; the biggest change being that it has moved into the Austin convention center. In many other ways …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Hawkes
    Paris Hilton

tl;dr

So it's, like, a Spice Girls convention, right?

1. jonathanb Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: tl;dr

I was going to say exactly the same thing. To be fair, even google's first thought on the word "spiceworld" is the 1997 film about the girl band.

1. frank ly

I found out what it's about: http://www.thespiceworks.co.uk/

Their Hempseed powder, for making drinks/smoothies might be interesting. Apart from that, its all a bit too 'niche' for my tastes.

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

How clever! I'd never heard that one before!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is Spiceworks?

"Spiceworks is proprietary software written in Ruby on Rails,[7] and runs exclusively on Microsoft Windows"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiceworks

3. Brian Souder 1

SpiceWorld

Well the software is free network management software. i made one of the earlier SpiceWorlds in Austin and it was a good time. The biggest aspect of the show is networking with fellow IT people. And that was back at the small venue. The forums are a great resource for information.

4. Levente Szileszky

Spiceworks is the best kit...

...one can get for free, for sure; I'm using it since v3 and boy, it came a long way since (though due to its limited user roles HelpDesk is still practically useless for any serious environment sans its latest iteration in v7 which I haven't had a chance to play with *fingers crossed*...)

That being said unless they start moving these festivities around the US it's unlikely I will attempt one - sorry, some of us are busy, have families etc, taking a multi-day trip to the Deep South for fun is the same as flying to the Alaska or Moon (not to forget you are still charging for the tickets despite being a sponsor-paid show, ahem.)

Bring it to me, it's not a small neighborhood (NYC) or at least within the usual D.C.-Boston boundaries and a one-day getaway could work just fine for many of us...

5. tony2heads
    Alien

I though the Spice world was Arrakis

6. Bela Lubkin
    Flame

Rather bummed that this was not a harrowing tale of survival at a Texas rootin' tootin' chiles-and-others-spices show...

This topic is closed for new posts.